May be a bit nitpicky but | The Boneyard

May be a bit nitpicky but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we hurry it up a tiny bit with getting the ball over the damn halfcourt line? I swear there's 3 or 4 instances every game where Boatright or Bazz (Boatright, mostly) will literally walk from the baseline to half court completely unpressured and make it across with 26 seconds left on the shot clock.

Happened a few times tonight, including once that should've been a penalty but it wasn't called. I'd feel better if it seemed like they were keeping an eye on the clock but it never looks like they are.

Anyway, awesome win.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Can we hurry it up a tiny bit with getting the ball over the damn halfcourt line? I swear there's 3 or 4 instances every game where Boatright or Bazz (Boatright, mostly) will literally walk from the baseline to half court completely unpressured and make it across with 26 seconds left on the shot clock.

Happened a few times tonight, including once that should've been a penalty but it wasn't called. I'd feel better if it seemed like they were keeping an eye on the clock but it never looks like they are.

Anyway, awesome win.
They weren't called for a single 10 second call (have they all season) and you're concerned about getting a 10 second call? Not a "bit nit picky", crazily nitpicky

Reaction Score
They weren't called for a single 10 second call (have they all season) and you're concerned about getting a 10 second call? Not a "bit nit picky", crazily nitpicky

Wrong CA…..the dope who called the 10 seconds was clock watching after UConn inbounded the ball form an OOB's with 32 seconds left……they "called it" but he was wrong. And that same guy was awful all night……...:eek:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Wrong CA…..the dope who called the 10 seconds was clock watching after UConn inbounded the ball form an OOB's with 32 seconds left……they "called it" but he was wrong. And that same guy was awful all night……...:eek:
Right, called it and corrected it. So, they've never had one all year that I can remember so it's definitely nitpicky to be concerned about it.

Reaction Score
Right, called it and corrected it. So, they've never had one all year that I can remember so it's definitely nitpicky to be concerned about it.
I'm not talking about that one. There was another possession where Boat was barely challenged until right when he got to midcourt and had to scramble to get over the line. He didn't get over it in time, but he may have been only a fraction of a second behind. The crowd yelled for it, and Doris Burke mentioned that it looked like 10 seconds.

It's a minor issue, but I'm not making it up.

Also they definitely have had 10 second calls on them this year. And what the hell is your profile picture right now it's disturbing.

Reaction Score
Dude, WTF is up with your avatar? Did I miss a boneyard inside joke? A lot of nuts around here lately.

Reaction Score
Why ask why, lol? The guards - and especially Bazz - dominated the tempo of the entire game. The tempo thing is why Memphis plays Louisville hard - they want to run and UofL lets them. Tking time off the clock with a lead is one way to manage the game and make an undisciplined team feel desperate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dude, WTF is up with your avatar? Did I miss a boneyard inside joke? A lot of nuts around here lately.

Look at pinned Deepster's post at the top. Get on the mojo train.

Reaction Score

Anyway, awesome win.
What are you talking about? This hasn't been a problem once this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom