Matt Harvey is Hurt | The Boneyard

Matt Harvey is Hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mets press conf:

Sandy Alderson: next 10 days when swelling goes down, better idea if TJ surgery needed.

Harvey treated for forearm issues for sometime.

Harvey: discomfort was for about 1-2 months, and he tried to pitch through the discomfort. No shooting pain. But it got worse after last start

brutal news.

If he was having forearm issues for sometime why would the Mets let him pitch?

Reaction Score
This was my fear that the Mets would ruin this kid, they are absolutely clueless.

Reaction Score
Harvey: "There's been some forearm discomfort for a month or so but last start it was worse. No shooting pains in my elbow." He wants to avoid surgery as you would expect. Says he can still throw, but wouldn't oppose being shut down for the rest of the season. Says he didn't change anything in his routine other than not throwing a bullpen between starts the last couple weeks. Did all the stuff in the training room and went out every 5th day and felt good. Only alarming situation was this past Saturday with more discomfort.

Reaction Score
Good news: He's 24. Pitchers often come back stronger (supposedly) from this. The Mets weren't contending this year or next year so this doesn't put a blow to their short term title chances.

Bad news: Everything Alderson has worked towards (and looked successful on) in terms of timing, payroll, rebuilding gets reset another year. Can Collins hang on? Wright gets a year older. The chemistry Harvey helped build gets knocked down a peg.

Summary: Nothing good comes of this....but hopefully, it's not a disaster like a Mark Prior or Kerry Wood type promise that never pans out in a title run. Best case, he comes back strong in a couple years (yikes) and the Mets are in a better place than they are today? Excuse me while I go slam my head in the car door a few times.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good news: He's 24. Pitchers often come back stronger (supposedly) from this. The Mets weren't contending this year or next year so this doesn't put a blow to their short term title chances.

Bad news: Everything Alderson has worked towards (and looked successful on) in terms of timing, payroll, rebuilding gets reset another year. Can Collins hang on? Wright gets a year older. The chemistry Harvey helped build gets knocked down a peg.

Summary: Nothing good comes of this....but hopefully, it's not a disaster like a Mark Prior or Kerry Wood type promise that never pans out in a title run. Best case, he comes back strong in a couple years (yikes) and the Mets are in a better place than they are today? Excuse me while I go slam my head in the car door a few times.

Dude: The first rule of being a Mets fan is that you do not think out loud and reveal what it is like to be a Mets fan.

Reaction Score
Dude: The first rule of being a Mets fan is that you do not think out loud and reveal what it is like to be a Mets fan.

I'm a Mets and Jets fan. Right now, I just can't hold it in. I'll end up in a tower with a high caliber rifle if I do.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm a Mets and Jets fan. Right now, I just can't hold it in. I'll end up in a tower with a high caliber rifle if I do.
Got it. It's times like these that I am forever grateful that my father had the good sense to be a NY [football] Giants fan, and to pass that along to me. Helps balance the Mets/Knicks misery.

And the late 80s were very good years...

Reaction Score
Too bad, Harvey is outstanding and while I rarely think about the Mets they deserve better luck.

Reaction Score
Awesome. He even managed to throw the Jets dig in there for good measure.

Everything I've read on this kid they got for Byrd is that he's an "okay" prospect. Very young (19) and they're not sure how good he could be. I guess they had to move Byrd for something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom