Matt Barnes gets first major league start. | The Boneyard

Matt Barnes gets first major league start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
tough outing but hopefully they'll give him some more starts.

Reaction Score
I've seen Matt pitch many times, I'm very good friends with his brother, and this is one of the better outtings I've seen him have. Once he worked through the first inning and got the jitters out, he had command of all of his pitches and felt comfortable throwing them in any count. He retired 10+ batters in a row at one point. If Hanley catches that ball in right, one run scores on a sac fly and he most likely gives us one more run that inning. The homerun he gave up to Santana was no excuse but 3 TRUE earned runs in a start with 7 k's seems like a pretty good first outting in the bigs. I see him getting another chance to go out and prove himself, and hopefully JBJ will be out there in left as opposed to potentially the worst Defensive outfielder in the majors

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Good news is that he's scheduled to start on Friday. Bad news? It's against the AL all star team.....I mean KC Royals. Yikes.

Reaction Score
Another shaky performance. 5 runs in 5 innings. This kid is running out of Chances. There are few positives to take out of his outings. Has trouble with command, gets behind hitters than gets crushed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was at the game, Hanley killed the first inning and allowed the Royals to get into a groove. Played the ball off the wall incorrectly and then overthrew the cut-off man allowing 2 runs and the hitter to advance to second. Domino effect from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom