Maryland Season Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
From my usual source.

http://www.presnapread.com/no-86-maryland/

I have to say, the overall tone is not as pessimistic as I would have thought. Given all of the transfers we've heard about, the ones that seem to really have hurt were on the OL (which is obviously really important) but other areas seem to be doing OK in terms of depth.

I guess the question is whether Edsall will lose this team mentally again this year.

Reaction Score
Getting picked 86th out of 124 seems pretty pessimistic to me. You are with Miami (the Ohio version) who came in at 87. Very hard to be a BCS league team with 4 OOC games and win only 2 games, even Duke won 3 games. They are in the ACC not the SEC, last years 2 wins was astoundingly bad. Looks like ACC has the most triple digit ranked teams to start the season amongst the BCS crew with 2. After Bill & Mary; they play Temple/Uconn/WV - would be funny if they lose to all 3, not so funny if they only beat Uconn (although Uconn is the only home game for them of the 3).
Edsall has a Kragthorpean start at Maryland, will be hard to match the former Louisville coach's 3 years at Louisville, but hey why not.
Both were considered exceptional by some fans at their previous schools. At least Edsall should enjoy this year coaching with only buy in players remaining and his hand picked guy at OC.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Agree that the ranking isn't something to brag about but look at where they finished last year in the ranking (104) and this seems like an improvement in comparison. Also, just the tone of the write-up doesn't seem to have that "the world is ending for Maryland football" kind of feel to it which I can only imagine is what a lot of their fan base is feeling.

We'll see. I'll certainly be following their results just because they play UConn but it will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that Maryland is the new Rutgers. Kings of the offseason.

I still think the Maryland game will be tough, not much confidence in P, yet..

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I like Randy did his best here, didn't agree with his departure yada yada yada,still feel he's a dead man walking if John Feinstein has anything to do with it.

Reaction Score
I like Randy did his best here, didn't agree with his departure yada yada yada,still feel he's a dead man walking if John Feinstein has anything to do with it.

I'm sure he also did his best the 1st year at his dream school. fhcRE didn't get stupid or lazy over night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom