Mark Teixeira...just shaking my head here... | The Boneyard

Mark Teixeira...just shaking my head here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wrist, back, lat, pinky...wtf?

Reaction Score
Pu**y……….not doing the juice I guess any more!
When you look at his stats over time, he does look like someone who was using PED's. He had amazing numbers and was playing almost every game. It is a shame if that is the case. He was one of the best fielding first basemen that I have ever seen. For years, he has made his fellow infielders look better than they actually are.

Reaction Score
He is a talented player but the Yankees didn't get much value. The guy always has one ailment or another.

Reaction Score
He is a talented player but the Yankees didn't get much value. The guy always has one ailment or another.

This is one I wished the Red Sox won………...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was one of the best fielding first basemen that I have ever seen. .

Maybe one of the better one's since 1990, but he isn't in anyone's top20 fielding 1st basemen's all time. He was an above average fielder for his era.

Reaction Score
Maybe one of the better one's since 1990, but he isn't in anyone's top20 fielding 1st basemen's all time. He was an above average fielder for his era.

Not sure about that…….Hernandez and Mattingly the best I've seen but he's no more than a level below. His initial years with the Yanks he saved many a game flashing the leather, great diving plays off rockets…..he's (was) really good.

Reaction Score
I was really slumped the Sox didn't get him but it has worked out.

He has been a very good all around player who has never achieved greatness or that next level for whatever reason. On that long list of guys who almost assuredly took PEDs but never got caught. Maybe it is why he is breaking down now...

To me, the most memorable great play by him, and I think it was him, was at Yankee Stadium a few years ago when he was on first base as the winning run in bottom on 9th and I think ARod hit an easy popup to the second baseman that should have ended game. Teixiera busted it and sprinted the whole way and scored when the guy dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom