SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen Wenyen Gabriel and I think this board is a bit too high on him.

He doesn't have the SF/wing skills of someone like Deandre. He's a stretch 4 who probably has more in common with Facey than Daniels. A welcome addition, sure, but I think he'll find a better fit for himself than UConn unless he really is most concerned with winning a NC.
Deandre was a stretch 4. He never really played the 3 or had the skills to get play at the college level.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've seen Wenyen Gabriel and I think this board is a bit too high on him.

He doesn't have the SF/wing skills of someone like Deandre. He's a stretch 4 who probably has more in common with Facey than Daniels. A welcome addition, sure, but I think he'll find a better fit for himself than UConn unless he really is most concerned with winning a NC.

Less highly rated than Facey, no?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Rivals had Facey as 66. Saw someone had Gabriel at 109, but I now did see more in the 80s. Seems pretty equivalent. Not sure why people are as keen on getting him as a 4th PF. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Yes, I understand that PF(s) can play the 5. ( from what I've seen Enoch is not best utilized there and while Diarra looks more of a fit there, he is short for a center.
There are players you grab regardless of need. To me he is not one of them

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Rivals had Facey as 66. Saw someone had Gabriel at 109, but I now did see more in the 80s. Seems pretty equivalent. Not sure why people are as keen on getting him as a 4th PF. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Yes, I understand that PF(s) can play the 5. ( from what I've seen Enoch is not best utilized there and while Diarra looks more of a fit there, he is short for a center.
There are players you grab regardless of need. To me he is not one of them

He's probably overrated by this board due to the fact that he is from New England.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That's cool. Thought that ship had sailed. Would be a very good alternative to Gabriel.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Also worth nothing is the fact that Kegler lists himself as a SG now, not SF. His Top 100 camp highlight video is almost all jump shooting. Brendan Bailey-esque.

Reaction Score
Giving 3 the credit. He found a tos article saying uconn will get a Kegler visit

Wow great news. I thought he had moved on from us. He could give us some good size on the wing at 6'7"

Reaction Score
"We're in the process of setting them up now. We're just waiting for [Oak Hill coach Steve Smith] to get back from vacation so we can talk to him about his schedule, and schedule the official visits ... We have about three or four schools that are visits for sure and about three or four others that he could visit. Indiana is a visit. Maryland is a visit. UConn is a visit," Carter said. "Also, Arizona State, Mississippi State, LSu and Baylor are some possibilities as far as visits.

"Maryland will be one of the last visits because we're so high on Maryland. Indiana is one of the last visits because we're so high on Indiana."

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
"We're in the process of setting them up now. We're just waiting for [Oak Hill coach Steve Smith] to get back from vacation so we can talk to him about his schedule, and schedule the official visits ... We have about three or four schools that are visits for sure and about three or four others that he could visit. Indiana is a visit. Maryland is a visit. UConn is a visit," Carter said. "Also, Arizona State, Mississippi State, LSu and Baylor are some possibilities as far as visits.

"Maryland will be one of the last visits because we're so high on Maryland. Indiana is one of the last visits because we're so high on Indiana."

Really starting to hate Maryland. Always disliked them (see Caron butler, stolen football coach), but it really seems like they made a pact with the devil in the last two years. Is it under armor money or something else? At a loss.

Reaction Score
Maryland is definitely "dirty" UA money.

They are maximizing their position with UA and using it as leverage.

Reaction Score
Really starting to hate Maryland. Always disliked them (see Caron butler, stolen football coach), but it really seems like they made a pact with the devil in the last two years. Is it under armor money or something else? At a loss.

It all might be revenge for us stealing Rudy Gay.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Maryland is definitely "dirty" UA money.

They are maximizing their position with UA and using it as leverage.
I don't hate Maryland and I bet they're feeling a bit pressured into doing this in order to compete with blue bloods, but I get the feeling that eventually s___ is going to hit the fan for them and they'll get in trouble.

The NCAA needs to start being more strict with the AAU influence. Draw clear lines in the sand. It won't stop dirty recruiting, but it may scare a few more people away from it each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom