Margo's Video Statement to Holly | The Boneyard

Margo's Video Statement to Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I haven't watched this yet, but I see she's in the driver's seat and she has both hands off the wheel. This isn't a Thelma and Louise moment is it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually the couple of minutes I watched weren't bad. My favorite quote: "Because you can coach. I don't care what anybody says. You can coach."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Pretentious, conflicted, overwrought drivel. Fan as religious acolyte. "You have 2 starting fives." Really. "Don't you dare quit." "Find this team's identity." Let DD know you trust her and let her do her thing. So many bromides tossed together.

Reaction Score
Actually the couple of minutes I watched weren't bad. My favorite quote: "Because you can coach. I don't care what anybody says. You can coach."

Yes this was the biggest takeaway from the clip..... that it is predicated on the assumption that Holly can coach... a plea for her to rally the troops..... it is a 15 minute pep talk.... it is in vain though.... Hasn't Margo seen in the last 5 years that Holly can't coach?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The most troubling quote is "let DD know you trust her and let her do her thing". Really? If Geno took that approach, Maya would have continued to run aimlessly around he court, Tina would have continued to be a terrible FT shooter with an inability to make a layup, Moriah would have continued to run around like the Flash - too fast for her or anyone else, and Stewie would have been content to just play any old way she wanted.

Coaches are supposed to COACH. No matter how "bad" a coach people may think Holly is, the gap in knowledge between she and Diamond is cavernous. She already took a step in the right direction by benching Diamond and removing her as a starter. She also needs to teach her how play in a team concept. It feels like Tenn fans are lining up behind Diamond against Holly, and yet the toxic chemistry that Linnae Harper referred to had zero to do with Holly, and everything to do with DD, T'ea and anyone else on the team who was/is cancerous.

I think it's time for a "come to Jesus" meeting. or get off the pot. Play team ball or ride the pine permanently. THAT I blame on the HC because that comes from the top. But Tenn fans are delusional if they think DD has the leadership ability and capability to take this team anywhere but down the toilet.

Reaction Score
Pretentious, conflicted, overwrought drivel. Fan as religious acolyte. "You have 2 starting fives." Really. "Don't you dare quit." "Find this team's identity." Let DD know you trust her and let her do her thing. So many bromides tossed together.
Just realized I have no life by wasting 15 more minutes of it on this. Wish I saw your warning sooner. :D
Margo is lost on the same fact Pat (God bless her) was lost on. Tenn vs UConn was something that was progressing the game, making their team better and getting big time nation wide coverage. They have gone down hill since refusing to play us. Unlike So Carolina, Norte Dame etc. Holly has to reach out and beg Geno for a game and realize as much as they might not like him, they will go to school while playing the game.
Of course they are not going to like playing against a special freshman coming in, but they better do something to help recruiting soon or that program is going to hit rocky top bottom.;)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I have always wondered why anybody, anywhere cares about this person's thoughts and opinions. I figured that maybe it was just some type of comedy act. But, I figured that I should be less judgmental and give it a try.

Having now listened to her sermon, I am left wondering why I bothered, and why I didn't shut it down sooner.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The most troubling quote is "let DD know you trust her and let her do her thing". Really? If Geno took that approach, Maya would have continued to run aimlessly around he court, Tina would have continued to be a terrible FT shooter with an inability to make a layup, Moriah would have continued to run around like the Flash - too fast for her or anyone else, and Stewie would have been content to just play any old way she wanted.

Coaches are supposed to COACH. No matter how "bad" a coach people may think Holly is, the gap in knowledge between she and Diamond is cavernous. She already took a step in the right direction by benching Diamond and removing her as a starter. She also needs to teach her how play in a team concept. It feels like Tenn fans are lining up behind Diamond against Holly, and yet the toxic chemistry that Linnae Harper referred to had zero to do with Holly, and everything to do with DD, T'ea and anyone else on the team who was/is cancerous.

I think it's time for a "come to Jesus" meeting. or get off the pot. Play team ball or ride the pine permanently. THAT I blame on the HC because that comes from the top. But Tenn fans are delusional if they think DD has the leadership ability and capability to take this team anywhere but down the toilet.

Unlike UConn where kids arrive with no delusions about what is ahead of them. The WCBB equivalent of Seal training. Indeed, that is why they are coming. To a young woman they say they are coming because Geno will make them the best player they can be.

Obviously the Vol players are not getting what they need on a couple of levels, technically and emotionally, and have not for several seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom