"Marcus Paige channeling powers of UConn?" | The Boneyard

"Marcus Paige channeling powers of UConn?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/north-carol...ige-into-kemba-possible?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Man UNC really does want to be like UCONN...makes me wonder how many other national programs envy us.

Great reading this type of stuff... national perception of UCONN guards will help in getting us top talent who want to be the next Kemba (aka Jalen). No better school can help guards become the next Kemba or Bazz than UCONN.

Reaction Score
Love it! Marcus Paige can only dream of being like KW and SN though.

Reaction Score
Marcus Paige is one of the most overrated players in the last few years. Hes talented for sure, but the way the announcers fawn over him every single game is absurd. Even when hes 4-13ish half the time.

Just this season alone, I've seen him take probably 20 shots in the last two minutes of close games, and I swear hes missed all but one or two of them.

Paige is nowhere even close to Shabazz and not even in the same galaxy as Kemba

Edit: their stats arent even right. ESPN has him with 6 ast against Harvard and a dominant 5-14, 0 assists 12 pointer against Arkansas (how Kemba-esque). If my math stands, that's 3 asts per game in the tourney not 5.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Marcus Paige is one of the most overrated players in the last few years. Hes talented for sure, but the way the announcers fawn over him every single game is absurd. Even when hes 4-13ish half the time.

Just this season alone, I've seen him take probably 20 shots in the last two minutes of close games, and I swear hes missed all but one or two of them.

Paige is nowhere even close to Shabazz and not even in the same galaxy as Kemba
He was great last season. He's had to battle some tough injuries this season though, plantar fasciitis is really painful, i had it a few years ago and its no bueno. But yeah he hasnt been as good this year for sure.

Reaction Score
UNC if no one leaves early will have every player back next year. Will the NCAA have it in them to ban them for next year?

Reaction Score

Edit - At 1:15 mark in video

"I want to be like Connecticut" Thanks Roy, that's flattering but unfortunately ......

543089.jpg

Reaction Score
Didn't win a conference title or make it to the Elite 8. Sorry, but it's hard to be Connecticut.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
They really don't want to be UConn. If they were UConn with the transgressions they face, they'd get a 5 year death penalty and all history of the program would be erased.

UNC shouldn't want to be anyone but UNC; that identity is the only thing that is going to save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom