Marchi Not Signing Wednesday | The Boneyard

Marchi Not Signing Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@JohnHoltWFSB: St. Paul(now at Gilbert)QB Logan Marchi won't be signing with UConn as expected Wednesday.Keeping options open,prep school possible. #cthsfb

Reaction Score
@JohnHoltWFSB: St. Paul(now at Gilbert)QB Logan Marchi won't be signing with UConn as expected Wednesday.Keeping options open,prep school possible. #cthsfb

If true, explains the post from Medic on the interest in Linta from Hamden Hall
"A recruiting source confirmed that the UConn staff reached out to Hamden Hall quarterback T.J. Linta, who threw for 56 touchdowns as a senior, but he is remaining firm in his commitment to Brown."

Reaction Score
Edit: I get the situation a little better, hope he can straighten things out and make a smooth transition this year or next.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Something has been up for a few weeks and his Twitter feed was kinda squirrelly also a bit ago but I tossed it off to him being a teenager (based on having two teenage boys of my own) and didn't post any thing here without context.

Oh well. We have options there...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
... And the reported "reach out" to TJ. Linta to gauge interest.

Yup, when I read your post yesterday about Linta my first thought was something is up with Marchi.

Major Bummer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems to have popped up haphazardly...

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/02/major-honor-for-one-uconn-commit.html

>>Also, I ran across an interesting give and take on Twitter between UConn commit Logan Marchi, a quarterback out of St. Paul High School, and John Holt of WFSB. Holt was merely inquiring about when and where Marchi would be signing his letter on intent on Wednesday

"I won't be signing on wednesday to Uconn" and "right now just exploring my options."

It is going to be interesting come Wednesday to see how many of the players who committed while Paul Pasqualoni was the head coach are welcomed by the new staff. Head coach Bob Diaco said he would honor all previous commitments but that doesn't mean that he is as high on them as the previous regime.<<

Reaction Score
up, when I read your post yesterday about Linta my first thought was something is up with Marchi.

Major Bummer.

He must have other options knocking on his door.

Or not...

“@JohnHoltWFSB: Certainly haven't heard the last from Logan Marchi. Like many,he stands to benefit from prep school. This one not a Diaco decision. #cthsfb”

Reaction Score
Since Marchi is doubtful and Linta wants an Ivy League education (for some reason), how about the sleeper, Jordan Vazzano from St. Joe's.

Reaction Score
Or not...

“@JohnHoltWFSB: Certainly haven't heard the last from Logan Marchi. Like many,he stands to benefit from prep school. This one not a Diaco decision. #cthsfb”

If Marchi turns into a 2015 recruit it would actually benefit the program because we kind of have a log jam at QB right now. Some separation from this group would be good. Hopefully he still finds his way to Storrs.

McCummings - RS Senior
Whitmer - Senior
Cochran - RS Sophomore
Boyle - Sophomore and possible redshirt candidate next year
Kivon Taylor - RS Freshman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the other day when it was announce he was transferring...

Not only the location change, but he transfers NOW...for basketball? He won't be eligible to play until Feb 21st I believe. The season is at the tail end by then. This doesn't sound like it was planned. I suspect something else is going on here that hasn't been divulged.

When that news broke the other day about Marchi transferring, it sure didn't sound like it was really just about playing a few games of basketball. Those suspicions have now been confirmed...unfortunately! Really hope he gets things in order and gets an opportunity to come in next year.

Reaction Score
OK this has nothing to do with UConn. I hope he gets his path clear so he can plan for his future success. Hopefully that will be here but if not elsewhere.

Reaction Score
If Marchi turns into a 2015 recruit it would actually benefit the program because we kind of have a log jam at QB right now. Some separation from this group would be good.

McCummings - RS Senior
Whitmer - Senior
Cochran - RS Sophomore
Boyle - Sophomore and possible redshirt candidate next year
Kivon Taylor - RS Freshman.
Could benefit all parties involved. Wish him well going forward and frees up an offer to possibly someone, like a Derek Allen who has an upside at 6'6 280 and no academic issues.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
If Marchi turns into a 2015 recruit it would actually benefit the program because we kind of have a log jam at QB right now.
Perhaps Boyle redshirts, but past precedent strongly supports signing a QB in each recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Da_Aisijimo_Gou said:
Perhaps Boyle redshirts, but past precedent strongly supports signing a QB in each recruiting class.

We have been burned before with attrition of qbs. A qb needs to be signed each class. Looks like Coach Diaco agrees (reaching out to Linta).

Reaction Score
I knew something was up. Some of his recent tweets seemed strange.

Reaction Score
Or not...

Marchi and family, grades, or UCONN admissions? Regardless, good luck to Logan.

Reaction Score
If UCONN's still targeting a QB, the Bleacher Report blog mentioned UCONN as a possible consideration for former CT resident and USC west QB Max Wittek. Unlikely, but he's graduating and available. Just sharing, not advocating the idea. Purportedly, Notre Dame recruited Wittek out of Mater Dei HS where he transferred from CT.

Other possibilities for high school/prep school QBs?

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like the kid is ready for div. 1 football, best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom