March is Uconn time not November | The Boneyard

March is Uconn time not November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I urge you to take a step back, close your eyes (then open them to continue reading), take a deep breath and realize that this is November. We lose a couple of close games against decent competition and some on here are wondering if it's the end of the world. I had searched for a few threads back in late 2013 after losing to Houston and Smu back to back And was going to post them but my copy button didn't work. Trust me when I say there were quite a few posts by some saying basically "this team stinks". That year we won our 4th championship. And we lost 8? Games that year.

40 free throws and missing like 10 lay ups for one loss, then going 1-12 from 3 in a 3 pt game for the second loss (also with a few missed bunnies) so I say bad luck.

I close with, this is November and titles aren't won in November

#strivefor5

Reaction Score
That team didn't need a top seed to win it all, and neither will this one. It'd be nice to get a 4 or better seed, but we've seen our guys win it all before with just a 7 seed. This team is talented enough to play with any team in the country, and Husky Magic is a real thing in March/April. We're fine, babes

Reaction Score
While I agree with the Smart One, Championships seem to taste real good with early (and late) Tournament victories.

I guess I'm just not used to consolation games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
With JC, I lived by that belief, I didn't even care when we played a few stinkers in Nov & Dec, even into Jan

I think you're right, but I don't have that same level of unyielding confidence in KO just yet, it takes a few years to develop I suppose

Reaction Score
Truer but we can't keep banking off the past, hopefully we can put it together real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom