March 22, 2010 | The Boneyard

March 22, 2010

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

I thought this was the end. It had been a long season, and we didn't live up to our expectations. We slipped into the NIT, and just barely beat a mediocre Northeastern team. Yes, there is another group of Huskies in New England, who knew? March 22nd, we squared off against Virginia Tech, and I thought this was the lowest point in my life as a UConn fan. We lost to them, and had a very uncertain future. Stix, Gavin, and Jerome were all departing. We had this guy named Kemba Walker, but we all knew he wasn't quite ready to lead our team. Not that year anyway. Ater Majok left us, and we had no idea what would be expected of our 2011 front court and back court. We just prayed we would somehow be back in the field of 68 (or whatever they changed it to).

Well, March 22, 2010 passed, and we mourned from March 23rd to about November.

Sure enough, we survived. We build something from nothing and wreaked havoc in Houston on April 4th, 2011. BOOM, title 3, because kids like Kemba had the drive to win, and his teammates adopted this theory from him. Period.

As for next year? We are building SOMETHING from SOMETHING. The talent is there, the depth will be here come November. We will be an excellent team... and I really think that Shabazz has the potential to be top 3 UConn players of all-time. The backcourt tandem and our glue guys like DeAndre and Niels will be sensational. Guys like Kentan and Omar will contribute tremendously as well.

Who's with me? I'm already planning my trip to Arlington next April. Jerry Jones is going to have to rename that s*** to Husky Stadium.

Banner #4, here we come. Ten toes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc