Many good teams rely on few scorers. | The Boneyard

Many good teams rely on few scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Pehaps it's an early season thing.

Kara Lawson nailed it when she said (halftime) that Stanford can't win with only two scorers (Orrange and Ogwumike). She was, as usual, spot-on.

Notre Dame won over MSU with three scorers: Reimer, 19 points (13 shots); McBride, 15 (23); and Loyd (20). Thus, 3 players took 56 shots to score 56 points. (When Ochonwa returns, look out!)

Fortunately for UConn, several players stepped up.

And one must wonder what went through Katie Lou Samuelson's mind as she watched sister Bonnie play 10 minutes (2 points) and sister Karlie play 5 minutes (0 points).

Watching Tennessee (looking very good, especially Massengale) vs. North Carolina (looking not so good).

Reactions: HGN

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Pehaps it's an early season thing.

Kara Lawson nailed it when she said (halftime) that Stanford can't win with only two scorers (Orrange and Ogwumike). She was, as usual, spot-on.

Notre Dame won over MSU with three scorers: Reimer, 19 points (13 shots); McBride, 15 (23); and Loyd (20). Thus, 3 players took 56 shots to score 56 points. (When Ochonwa returns, look out!)

Fortunately for UConn, several players stepped up.

And one must wonder what went through Katie Lou Samuelson's mind as she watched sister Bonnie play 10 minutes (2 points) and sister Karlie play 5 minutes (0 points).

Watching Tennessee (looking very good, especially Massengale) vs. North Carolina (looking not so good).

We have so many weapons

UTenn looking "very good"???
Perhaps a little over the top?
Like: not bad?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have so many weapons

I agree. UNC helped UT to look decent. Watching them and Duke as against how disciplined and talented UConn is, especially defensively, makes you really appreciate our coaches. Granted kids pick schools for lots of reasons, but if hoops is the deciding factor and a kid wants to really improve, they shouldn't turn down a UConn offer too lightly. Just so well schooled on both ends.

Reaction Score
Watching NC against TN truly makes you think how can a kid turn down a UConn scholarship when the difference in how the game looks like is so plainly clear!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We have so many weapons

bth_surrender.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree. UNC helped UT to look decent. Watching them and Duke as against how disciplined and talented UConn is, especially defensively, makes you really appreciate our coaches. Granted kids pick schools for lots of reasons, but if hoops is the deciding factor and a kid wants to really improve, they shouldn't turn down a UConn offer too lightly. Just so well schooled on both ends.
I obviously think Uconn is tops in that regard but I do recognize a number of other schools have really good coaches as well and pretty decent developmental results - as in ND and Stanford. UNC not so much and TN is too early to tell.
And while I think the Uconn coaching staff is great I think Geno is also really particular in the type of player he recruits which gives him a leg up and I am not talking about talent (which is generally really great) but desire to do everything possible to become greater including being pushed by coaches that demand more than the players think they can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom