PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He seems kinda below the radar, but I guess that's part of the trick of recruiting. To "buy low," in a sense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He seems kinda below the radar, but I guess that's part of the trick of recruiting. To "buy low," in a sense.

To be fair, he does have multiple P5 offers already.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wonder if he's taller than 6'8 now. He's more of a C, so you have to hope he grows/has grown a couple of inches. You can tell by looking at him that he has a long wingspan. ESPN recently upped him to a 4 star, so he must be starting to generate buzz. He plays ball in CT and is from Queens, so I expect him to stay in the area.

Also I really want Hamidou Diallo, and getting his friend certainly wouldn't hurt that cause.

Reaction Score
Saw this and thought it could be part of the fabled "packaged deal" scenario - get the friends to play together. We shall see..lots of time and lots of balls in the air for 2016 and 2017.

Reaction Score
So do we want the pipeline to Vermont Academy or Putnam Science Academy? What a conundrum!

Reaction Score
Man I wish we signed marcus derickkson. i know this has nothing to do with diarra. but i would like Ko to really impact the nepsac scene like calhoun did. already nabbed enoch and adams , good sign

Reaction Score
So do we want the pipeline to Vermont Academy or Putnam Science Academy? What a conundrum!

Putnam Science is shutting down for the next 2 years, so Diarra & Diallo will need to find new schools next year.

Reaction Score
Then it sounds like those guys from PSA better enroll at Vermont Academy cuz that's our pipeline, or maybe Brewster Academy, or South Kent.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Prep school will be the way for UCONN in the future imho. Many AAU programs steer players elsewhere ie: shoe companies

Reaction Score
Draftexpress has him at 6-foot-9, 195. For reference, Kentan is 6-8.5, 191.
5T2A3565.jpg
This is at Conn College last month.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Man I wish we signed marcus derickkson. i know this has nothing to do with diarra. but i would like Ko to really impact the nepsac scene like calhoun did. already nabbed enoch and adams , good sign
We never ended up offering Derrickson. But he committed to Georgetown, so he should be transferring in a year or two.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think this is half to do with Diarra himself, and the other half to do with Diallo (one of our top 2017 targets). Mullin's hiring, along with Abdulmassih and possibly Slice, has put the fear of god into teams that have been able to recruit NYC kids at their leisure for the last 20 years.

Obviously it will suck for us on some level. But I think it'll make college basketball as a whole much more fun if St. John's is good-to-great.

Reaction Score
I think this is half to do with Diarra himself, and the other half to do with Diallo (one of our top 2017 targets). Mullin's hiring, along with Abdulmassih and possibly Slice, has put the fear of god into teams that have been able to recruit NYC kids at their leisure for the last 20 years.

Obviously it will suck for us on some level. But I think it'll make college basketball as a whole much more fun if St. John's is good-to-great.
Only if they're stealing recruits from the big time stacked classes, and not the likes of us

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Only if they're stealing recruits from the big time stacked classes, and not the likes of us
Kentan was a 4-star, NY player of the year. We beat Florida & Louisville for him.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Draftexpress has him at 6-foot-9, 195. For reference, Kentan is 6-8.5, 191.
Lol. This is 247's "bio" on Diarra:

"Mamadou Diarra is a 7-0, 235-pound Center (BK) from Putnam, CT."

So he's 6'8, 215 at the top of the page, 7'0, 235 at the bottom, and 6'9, 195 on DraftExpress (likely most accurate).
We need more up-to-date scouting and info on him.

Reaction Score
Lol. This is 247's "bio" on Diarra:

"Mamadou Diarra is a 7-0, 235-pound Center (BK) from Putnam, CT."

So he's 6'8, 215 at the top of the page, 7'0, 235 at the bottom, and 6'9, 195 on DraftExpress (likely most accurate).
We need more up-to-date scouting and info on him.
Yeah he's 6'8" or 9 and talented...really competes....a real good get

Reaction Score
Dream school alert: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/hamidou-diallo-mamadou-diarra.html

UConn likes Diarra, and the feeling is mutual.

"I know Mamadou has said that UConn has always been his dream school," said Putnam coach Tom Espinosa.

Minnesota, VCU, Seton Hall, St. John's and Kansas State are among the schools that have offered Diarra. He'll start lining up his official visits for the fall pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Also, update from TOS on Diarra during the first live period this month:

Mamadou Diarra, 6'8" PF, NY Jayhawks 17u (Putnam Science Academy, CT '16)- One of the most effective post players of the weekend, Diarra was 16 for 20 during his first three games, shooting it at 80% against very good competition, but it was his ability to dominate the offensive glass at times and get easy putbacks inside, along with his skill to get in good position inside to finish with either hand. Extremely skilled with good hands and feet, he was one of the best rebounders of the weekend as well, showing off the skills that have made him one of the more coveted recruits in the Northeast.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Also, update from TOS on Diarra during the first live period this month:

Mamadou Diarra, 6'8" PF, NY Jayhawks 17u (Putnam Science Academy, CT '16)- One of the most effective post players of the weekend, Diarra was 16 for 20 during his first three games, shooting it at 80% against very good competition, but it was his ability to dominate the offensive glass at times and get easy putbacks inside, along with his skill to get in good position inside to finish with either hand. Extremely skilled with good hands and feet, he was one of the best rebounders of the weekend as well, showing off the skills that have made him one of the more coveted recruits in the Northeast.
People worry too much about rankings...if our staff offered then I believe in their eye for talent. Seems like he will be a fast riser up the 2016 boards and anyone who is considered one of the best low post players and rebounders at a given event is a player I would welcome here with open arms. The dream school alert either seals it for us or we will never be connected to him again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom