Malik Newman (Committed to Mississippi State) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Malik Newman (Committed to Mississippi State)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
who cares...husky blue or nothing
Meh, I wouldn't mind if he ended up with Mississippi State or LSU, just to make Squid's life harder.

Reaction Score
Hope it is not Lsu ..they has a superclass.
You serious? You hope that the team with the best chance of knocking UK off next year doesn't get the piece that would give them a chance to dominate UK next year? Or at least make it so it isn't all about UK Puke and UNC 99% of the time in the media?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Hope it is not Lsu ..they has a superclass.
Yeah, but no coach. I think they'll be the type of team that pulls off some nice regular season moments than turtles in the tournament, with or without Newman.

Reaction Score
You serious? You hope that the team with the best chance of knocking UK off next year doesn't get the piece that would give them a chance to dominate UK next year? Or at least make it so it isn't all about UK Puke and UNC 99% of the time in the media?
Have you seen their recruiting class? If they were to add Newman, they will be another Kentucky, or close to it, full of a bunch of one-and-dones.

Reaction Score
Knocking UK off of what exactly?:confused: They didnt go undefeated and havent won jack since `12 even though theyve had the most talent in the country for the last couple years.

Reaction Score
Meh, I wouldn't mind if he ended up with Mississippi State or LSU, just to make Squid's life harder.

If Portis leaves and Newman doesn't choose Kentucky or LSU (his dad wants Miss. State but may not matter) which are all about 50/50 then Texas A & M looks like it will take the SEC next year. House looks to be staying and their recruiting class has the potential to be better than Kentucky's or LSU's. DJ Hogg could be Frosh of the year in the SEC if Kennedy utilizes him correctly. That of course is a big IF with Kennedy. Once they lose another player they should add Artis to run the point with Caruso (SR) and Robinson.

I really like House. He is the type of player that should play his way into a solid 1st round draft pick if he stays. Jones is also a seasoned vet. Jones didn't play against Kentucky this year in the game that went to OT. Right? I would have to say it is Texas A & M as the team to keep a close eye on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Knocking UK off of what exactly?:confused: They didnt go undefeated and havent won jack since `12 even though theyve had the most talent in the country for the last couple years.
Off of whatever pedestal the media will have placed them over the weeks leading up to the season

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I hope Rabb goes Cal, Zimmerman goes 'Zona, and Malik goes Miss. St. or China, and Jaylen Broan goes UCLA and the Squid gets nothing. That would be so great. Although Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress, Marcus Lee, and Labissiere is a really good starting 5.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I hope Rabb goes Cal, Zimmerman goes 'Zona, and Malik goes Miss. St. or China, and Jaylen Broan goes UCLA and the Squid gets nothing. That would be so great. Although Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress, Marcus Lee, and Labissiere is a really good starting 5.
Good defensively, but they won't shoot for *. And Matthews - their other recruit - isn't known as a shooter, either.

EDIT: Also, re: Zimmerman... According to TOS UNLV are supposedly the team to beat, with a decision expected soon. This amuses me.

Reaction Score
That would be a great starting 5, but then their bench is Hawkins, Matthews, and Willis. We thought we were in bad scholarship shape this year; they would have EIGHT. Still though, I don't see them not getting at a bare minimum Diallo or a reclassified Maker. Could (and should?) get more than that, too.

Reaction Score
Was thinking he was headed to LSU but their recent signing of Brandon Sampson leads me to believe it's down to Miss. St. and UK. Hopefully Miss. St.

malik newman‏@iammaliknewman
Friday at 12 tune in to see where I'll be attending school next year!
1f631.png
1f606.png

Reaction Score
1f631.png
1f606.png

Crazy stuff nowadays. Me wonders how many people in this country will be setting their alarms.

Reaction Score
Was thinking he was headed to LSU but their recent signing of Brandon Sampson leads me to believe it's down to Miss. St. and UK. Hopefully Miss. St.

malik newman‏@iammaliknewman
1f631.png
1f606.png
I see him as someone who wants to be THE guy, which would lead me to believe Miss. St., but it's also hard to pick against the squid for a player like him.

Reaction Score
He might still be THE guy at Kentucky. Looking at what's left of their roster, and what they have coming in, I don't see a better scorer than Newman.

Reaction Score
He might still be THE guy at Kentucky. Looking at what's left of their roster, and what they have coming in, I don't see a better scorer than Newman.
He and Briscoe both want to run the point in college. Seems like it will be Miss St. but you never really know with UK involved.

Reaction Score
He and Briscoe both want to run the point in college. Seems like it will be Miss St. but you never really know with UK involved.

Well, neither one is going to be the starting PG at Kentucky next year with Ulis still there, and Newman is definitely more equipped to play off the ball.

Reaction Score
Well, neither one is going to be the starting PG at Kentucky next year with Ulis still there, and Newman is definitely more equipped to play off the ball.
The point remains that there will be a lot more mouths to feed at UK than Miss St.

Reaction Score

I think Ulis will run the point next year for Kentucky. Briscoe will most likely start at the 2. If Newman goes to UK he'll obviously start but if he goes to Miss St he'll run the point like he wants to and have little competition to fight with. I think Miss St is the best option for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom