Makes sense for the Big 12 to get back to 12 teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Makes sense for the Big 12 to get back to 12 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The natural riposte for the B12 would be to add UConn -- then they've penetrated into ACC territory with a more valuable school than Louisville, while the ACC has penetrated western Kentucky, not really territory the B12 should covet.

So if Louisville to the ACC was damaging to the B12, it's only because UConn is unavailable -- ticketed for the B1G.

If the B12 were serious about maintaining their conference, they wouldn't have been hurt by the Louisville selection. Even if UConn is off the table, Cincy is as good an add as L'ville. But the B12 is not serious, and haven't been for a long time. That's why so many have left (Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, A&M) and more will.
I don't understand the B12 reasoning...after UConn I see UC at least as valuable IMO if not moreso than UCF who before O'leary's last few yrs I barely heard of as big as it is...no track record or much following. UCF should still be paying their dues IMO. Outside of their location who are they? Flavor of the year?

Reaction Score
I don't understand the B12 reasoning...after UConn I see UC at least as valuable IMO if not moreso than UCF who before O'leary's last few yrs I barely heard of as big as it is...no track record or much following. UCF should still be paying their dues IMO. Outside of their location who are they? Flavor of the year?

I don't get it either. I'm not sure what they are worth $ wise. Nobody in Florida cares about the 4th best football school in the state. Nobody even cares about Miami. It is all UF and FSU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't get it either. I'm not sure what they are worth $ wise. Nobody in Florida cares about the 4th best football school in the state. Nobody even cares about Miami. It is all UF and FSU.

Recruiting. Access to the 3rd largest state. A state that continues to grow population wise with no end in sight. A state Alumni would like to travel too.

Reaction Score
Since the "U' cleaned up the "Bad boy" act their following seemed to evaporate more and more yearly....game time views in their stadium are FCS shameful. If Al Golden and AC/recruiter D'Onofrio can't do it who can? I don't ever see them as a major player again but who really knows?

Reaction Score
Recruiting. Access to the 3rd largest state. A state that continues to grow population wise with no end in sight. A state Alumni would like to travel too.
Maybe but since Texas is Texas and what they say usually goes. I've observed TCU and Baylor are making inroads recruiting wise this yr at UT/OU's expense and much handwringing about that along with aTm and the SEC inroads there. Houston has now become a candidate for a spot in the B12. But your right Exit4 Fla is a goldmine and growing source of talent. 5 D1 teams to feed in Fla and dozens of NE and midwest schools still get gems there.

Reaction Score
It seems very difficult to believe the Big 12 is serious after replacing Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and A&M with WVU and TCU. That's like giving the Black Knight two prosthetics to repair his flesh wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom