make small donations to the new Practice Facility | The Boneyard

make small donations to the new Practice Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
If you go to www.uconnbasketballcenter.com there is no way to directly give small donations to the new practice facility, which is frustrating to say the least.

However, if you go to the page UConn Foundation page honoring Jim Calhoun (found here) there is an option to donate any amount to UConn Basketball Development Center (#22423). I used it the other night and was finally able to throw a few bucks to the new practice facility all while honoring JC. A win-win in my opinion.

Hope this info helps other BY'ers out there.

Reaction Score
If you go to www.uconnbasketballcenter.com there is no way to directly give small donations to the new practice facility, which is frustrating to say the least.

However, if you go to the page UConn Foundation page honoring Jim Calhoun (found here) there is an option to donate any amount to UConn Basketball Development Center (#22423). I used it the other night and was finally able to throw a few bucks to the new practice facility all while honoring JC. A win-win in my opinion.

Hope this info helps other BY'ers out there.

Thanks... I actually looked recently how to donate to the practice facility, but the best I found was a phone number. Granted I didn't spend hours searching... I did see something to help UConn Basketball, but it was vague. I'd also love to help Wolf get some financial assistance to finish out his degree at UConn! (no need to start another debate on Wolf).

Reaction Score
Been complaining about this for awhile. Makes you wonder about the competence of the Athletic Department. Glad that someone found an alternate way to donate.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this thread and for your interest in supporting the development center.

First of all, there's no such thing as a "small" donation. Two words that shouldn't go together. My bias. If any group can see the power of "small" gifts adding up to make an impact, it's The Boneyard!

There are two pages to make a gift at the development center at levels lower than what's listed on the basketball center site, which was built to highlight the leadership-level naming opportunity gifts for the project.

They are:

http://giving.uconn.edu (the main giving site for the University / the Foundation). The center is listed under Division of Athletics - Capital Projects.
http://www.friends.uconn.edu/calhoun This is the tribute page to Coach Calhoun, as mentioned above. You can get to this from the main giving site by choosing it from the top drop-down.

There is a third online giving page going up fairly soon that will have the center as an option as well.

We can certainly look into adding a link to a giving page on the basketball center site. Easy. As mentioned, right now we have a phone number for the Division of Athletics Development Office.

Again, thanks for the thread and the suggestion.

- John, UCF

Reaction Score
I'm looking at the naming opportunities for the various rooms/offices in the building... it's pretty surprising that the women's practice gym has a reserved donor at the $3 million mark, but the men's practice gym hasn't been claimed yet at that same pricing level. How hasn't one of our NBA alum grabbed that spot yet? I think the "Ray Allen Practice Gym" would sound and look incredible.

http://www.uconnbasketballcenter.com/#help.html

Reaction Score
Just circling back on this. A link to make a gift online (going, at present, to the main Foundation giving page) has been added to the "How You Can Help" page.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Just circling back on this. A link to make a gift online (going, at present, to the main Foundation giving page) has been added to the "How You Can Help" page.
Any word on buying custom pavers or when that process may begin?

Reaction Score
I'd also love to help Wolf get some financial assistance to finish out his degree at UConn! (no need to start another debate on Wolf).
Pretty sure that if we did that (and he played), it'd be a violation. Most of us, by NCAA definitions, are probably considered boosters.

Reaction Score
Any word on buying custom pavers or when that process may begin?

Thanks for your interest. I don’t have a timeline for you at this point, but I did ask and we will be discussing it with the contractor. More information as we have it.

-John, UCF

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest. I don’t have a timeline for you at this point, but I did ask and we will be discussing it with the contractor. More information as we have it.

-John, UCF
Thanks John, when the time comes I'm sure a number of us will participate. It might be a thread we should pin when you have more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom