PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh, AJ could handle, shoot, and pass, not really sure how anyone could argue that he wasn't a skilled lead guard. Ashton-Langford definitely isn't like AJP, his jumper is the biggest weakness in his game right now. Great at getting into the paint tho and he was reportedly locking up top PGs(Waters, Ball, Smith) that whole week in Vegas.

Reaction Score
^ didn't josh jackson grab mvp? how is he not a top performer... interested on what the word is on diarras performance. edit :

CL7uy5zWcAEjzjE.jpg

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Scouts were raving about makai's defense on some of the top guards one of those bring waters. From the reports his offense is not quite as dynamic but he is a scrappy player who would fit the mold of an uconn guard.

Ricky 2.0? I'll take that.

Reaction Score
Like what tcf said I believe it's been rumored UConn's his dream school. Also, I also believe he would like to stay relatively close to home.

Have said this to others but I would like for him to be prioritized as much, if not more then, as Tremont Waters. Both are phenomenal talents but Langford's ceiling seems higher and I think the staff can lock him up earlier.

Reaction Score
Like what tcf said I believe it's been rumored UConn's his dream school. Also, I also believe he would like to stay relatively close to home.

Have said this to others but I would like for him to be prioritized as much, if not more then, as Tremont Waters. Both are phenomenal talents but Langford's ceiling seems higher and I think the staff can lock him up earlier.
The staff should lock him up as soon as possible. He looks to be a better passer than Waters although both are very talented.

Reaction Score
We have been blessed with "skilled lead guards" for the past 7-8 years, but I would be absolutely fine with a solid PG à la A.J. Price in '17.

AJ was good enough to get to the NBA so I'm going to say that qualifies as being skilled.

Reaction Score
What's not to like about this kid. Looks to have great court vision and is kind of a no nonsense point. Just plays and doe that well, head up all the time and nice size too. Looks to be longer like Jalen with some nice athletic ability.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I like this kids length, he reminds me of a shorter Lamb with point guard skills.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone know his 3 point shooting % and A/TO numbers are?

Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned it but he played at the same high school as Facey. Not sure how long but can't hurt

Reaction Score
I liked his all around game in the video clip. Seems to have a solid frame that has already packed on some muscle. He'd be a nice get. I hope KO locks him up early. KO seems to being doing a great job of getting in with some players who are blowing up like Gabriel & Diallo. It's a catch-22 when it comes to pressing for an early verbal. Some kids show a lot early on, but sort of plateau, while others make huge progress between their Junior and Senior years. Gabriel is a case of the latter. Diallo as well depending on if he reclassifies. In his case regardless if he's 2016 or 17, you want to lock him up sooner than later. Now in Makai's (btw, gotta love this kids name!) case, he looks like a solid talent. Hard to say if he has a lot of upside or not, but the way he looks now, he seems plenty good to try to lock up now regardless of what class he ends up with.

Doesn't it seem there are a lot of kids that are on the fence between classes? Must hake it tough on coaches as they figure out what players they want for what year.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
What's not to like about this kid. Looks to have great court vision and is kind of a no nonsense point. Just plays and doe that well, head up all the time and nice size too. Looks to be longer like Jalen with some nice athletic ability.

not a single jumpshot in this video...how much of a weakness is his shooting?

Reaction Score
New NE 2017 rankings out and MAL is #2 ahead of Tremont Waters, Jermaine Samuels and more: http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/rankings/new-england-class-of-2017

Haven't heard a lot about the last of Jay Murphy's kids Tomas. He was highly regarded as a youth/freshman but not as much talk lately. I see Chris Collins at Northwestern likes him a lot and of course Florida will recruit him. Otherwise it looks like URI, PC, Maryland and now Davidson on him - good list no doubt but still, no chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom