Maggie Lucas #4 | The Boneyard

Maggie Lucas #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A 2014 mock draft has Maggie Lucas going number four to San Antonio ahead of Alyssa Thomas. Maggie doesn't have Alyssa's athletic ability, strength, ball handling skills or rebounding ability. A huge mistake if San Antonio takes her ahead of Alyssa Thomas. Haley Peters isn't even listed. A solid rebounder, defender, and shooter, she should be taken somewhere in the first three rounds. Someone should be smart enough to sign her as an undrafted free agent.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I see Magie (great a kid as she is) as essentially an Angie Bjorklund type who regardless of where she is drafted will not survive in the league.

Sorry Ice, I know you love this kid…she's hard not to want to succeed but her game is her game

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Bjorkland is playing Euro ball this winter, starting for the Perpignan Baskets (France).

OT: The home of a great Chamber Music Festival led by Pablo Casals in the 50's

Reaction Score
Maggie is a great college player with some glaring limitations. I will be shocked if she goes in the first round. Her game ,size and overall talent just does not seem to be suited to today's WNBA imho.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I see Magie (great a kid as she is) as essentially an Angie Bjorklund type who regardless of where she is drafted will not survive in the league.

Sorry Ice, I know you love this kid…she's hard not to want to succeed but her game is her game
I don't "love" her but she has significantly more gifts than what many of you are seeing. I knew this year was going to be tough with her because teams can really give her exclusive attention without paying a penalty. ND basically face guarded her the entire game with Loyd denying her the ball. I expect many others to realize this. It is the best game plan against PSU. She has an incredibly quick release but if you team can't get the ball to you it doesn't matter how quick your release is.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Maggie. She seems like a great kid. However, she had the same limitations last year when the team was more experienced, and she didn't have to shoulder the load. UConn has always been able to hold her in check, at least until the game was out-of-reach. That's what great defenses do, deny the ball to those shooters who can't create their own shots. She may have a quick release but that's not getting your own shot.

Reaction Score
Any gm who takes Lucas, Grey or Walker ahead of Hartley should be fired on the spot. Thomas and McBride are arguable.
IF she ever gets her knees together, Grey will go ahead of Bria.....even if she doesn't she probably will

Reaction Score
IF she ever gets her knees together, Grey will go ahead of Bria.....even if she doesn't she probably will
Maybe if Grey leads Duke to a NC. Other wise I don',t see her going ahead of Bria. Just think back to what UConn and Farris did to Grey over 3 years. That will be every night in the WNBA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
who is this Grey player you guys are referring to ?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
MV5BMTQ2NTU0Nzg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkwMDAzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

I just thought we were setting up a theme for the game...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think Maggie would fit in good with the Sky they need a pure shooter to take pressure off of EDD.

Reaction Score
Maybe if Grey leads Duke to a NC. Other wise I don',t see her going ahead of Bria. Just think back to what UConn and Farris did to Grey over 3 years. That will be every night in the WNBA.
The draft can sometimes be a crap shoot with a lot of depends and variables so anything could actually happen. But your rational for you opinion is somewhat flawed. This site has the most knowledgeable an unbiased posters anywhere which is why it is a joy to come and post here. But as on other fan sites ( but to a much lesser degree ) there are still fans who are entirely team centric. Thus they might judge teams and players entirely by how they do against UConn. It is natural that players would have a more difficult time if the Uconn defense was geared to stop them. As I posted before last year Duke was experimented with not running their offense not through Gray because other teams had been gearing their defense to cut down her passing lanes when the offense was run exclusively though her. Choochoo-- In comparing players base on their games against Ucon did it ever occur to you that the Uconn players are not facing the Ucon defense. In the argument you give you might also have to ask how well would Bria do against Faris and the Uconn defense uder similar circumstances playing for the other team.

That having been said each player has their own strengths and weaknesses and it is understandable that each fan would know their own players better than those on other teams. Sometimes those qualities are not always on display each and every game so that we have the opportunity to observe each player at their best. In respect to Gray, ( whom I have observed for some time) her best qualities are her BBIQ, her ability to see the entire floor and to pinpoint and hit the open man any where on the court. In these area's she is as good as anyone who has ever played the game. Exclusive of stat mongers, those who really know the game are aware of this. How much value those in the position to draft value those aspects of her game will determine the position in which she is selected. The same can also be said for any other player in respects to the skills and qualities that they possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom