L'Ville's Slaughter Collapses during Tonight's game | The Boneyard

L'Ville's Slaughter Collapses during Tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I sit 4 rows behind our bench. It looked like a seizure. No history of them that is known. The two seizures I have witnessed in my lifetime the patient has come to, rather quickly. She appeared unconscious as she was carted out on a stretcher. Reports indicate once they got her to the floor she was unresponsive. That is what made this scarier ( for me), and I am sure the team, is that she appears to have been out cold.

Nita was alert and responsive later at hospital, undergoing tests. She sent a text to the team saying she was fine, and her first question upon coming to was how many TO's the team had. I'd say her memory is good, cuz Walz has been all over them re: TO's. prayers, good thoughts her way are certainly welcome.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's that "collapsing" defense Walz teaches.

Hope all is well with her and that they determine the cause quickly.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh my goodness...... great to hear that she regained consciousness etc. but the seizure is/was a scary thing.

I sure hope they get it figured out and hopefully she can manage it going forward. I'll keep her in my thoughts

Reaction Score
Here's hoping it's a one time thing never to recur. She's such a playful kid. In one game last year, she was sent to the foul line to take a technical when it should have been a poorer shooting Bria Smith taking the shot. The cute smile she radiated when the ref caught the error was memorable.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping it's a one time thing never to recur. She's such a playful kid. In one game last year, she was sent to the foul line to take a technical when it should have been a poorer shooting Bria Smith taking the shot. The cute smile she radiated when the ref caught the error was memorable.
I believe that technical was the flagrant 1 called on Doty for swinging her elbows in the championship game with the score 5-5, but the foul wasn't assessed until after UConn scored a bucket and went ahead 7-5.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Cheaters!!! LOL

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blessings to her for a rapid recovery.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I sit 4 rows behind our bench. It looked like a seizure. No history of them that is known. The two seizures I have witnessed in my lifetime the patient has come to, rather quickly. She appeared unconscious as she was carted out on a stretcher. Reports indicate once they got her to the floor she was unresponsive. That is what made this scarier ( for me), and I am sure the team, is that she appears to have been out cold.

Nita was alert and responsive later at hospital, undergoing tests. She sent a text to the team saying she was fine, and her first question upon coming to was how many TO's the team had. I'd say her memory is good, cuz Walz has been all over them re: TO's. prayers, good thoughts her way are certainly welcome.
My daughter has epilepsy so I know a little about seizures. Pretty much every person is unique and has different seizure thresholds. They can be brought on by heat, fatigue, or other changes in a persons makeup - age etc. We generally think of seizures as the tonic clonic or grand mal type or petit mal absence seizures, but they can actually show up in many different ways. There's partial complex for example which can be anything from inappropriate behavior to full blown out on the ground for 20 minutes (without the severe jerking of a grand mal. It's possible it wasn't her first since they can occur during sleep or she might not have been aware of it before (there is usually a denial phase) and they can also be brought on by hormonal changes. Good luck to her, it may be the only seizure she has in her life or the start of a lifetime of trying to control them. Most people who have seizures live normal lives with slight accomodations for the seizures (driving restrictions etc.).

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Here's wishing Slaughter a rapid recovery and lifelong good health.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Video of Jeff Walz' comments following the game... LINK

Reaction Score
In one game last year, she was sent to the foul line to take a technical when it should have been a poorer shooting Bria Smith taking the shot. The cute smile she radiated when the ref caught the error was memorable.
That was the first thing I thought of when I heard that she'd collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom