Luigi Wins United States Sports Academy’s Stagg Award | The Boneyard

Luigi Wins United States Sports Academy’s Stagg Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is an anomaly, a contradiction of sorts in our “grass is always greener elsewhere” world of sports today. As others seek validation in a bigger paycheck, a different location or a more prestigious position, he has remained true to the ultimate bottom line: winning championships. When it comes to that, no one has been more successful than the University of Connecticut women’s basketball coach Mr. Luigi “Geno” Auriemma.

In capturing his 10th national title with the Huskies this year, and surpassing the 900-win mark in the process, Auriemma further cemented his spot among the true greats of his profession and proved immeasurably deserving of the United States Sports Academy’s 2015 Amos Alonzo Stagg Coaching Award.

[LINK] to full article.

Reaction Score
"As it turned out, Auriemma’s troops finished 38-1 and were about as dominant as any team at any level could be, ranking No. 1 in the country in scoring offense, scoring defense, scoring margin, field-goal percentage, opponent field-goal percentage, three-point shooting percentage, assists and blocked shots."

I guess we need to work on rebounding this year.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
4f1c0ee0a0718d08bf18f3f8ea4284cb.jpg

I'm a weeener!

Reaction Score
What's up, Java? I thought you to be Mr. Pithecanthropus (erectus...yikes ). The ill-informed Martian Marvin and DavidinMaples (a fan of the Tree) scurrilously called you Anthropopithecus, which is so demeaning- yet you took it (and 'liked' it) like a Wimpopithecus flaccidicus would. I just came across this old photo of you in the BY archives, and I must say I prefer the more pensive, pre-depilatory look.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Harder to lead in rebounding when you make so many of your shots. And block so many of the oppositions shots. :cool:
I agree on limited opportunity for offensive rebounds. On the blocks, though, when Kiah corralled a block, didn't she get credit for a rebound as well?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I agree on limited opportunity for offensive rebounds. On the blocks, though, when Kiah corralled a block, didn't she get credit for a rebound as well?
Not sure how they do that?

Googling around, looks like you're correct.

Reaction Score
-Errr.... nice thread title, Anthropopithecus.
What's up, Java? I thought you to be Mr. Pithecanthropus (erectus...yikes ). The ill-informed Martian Marvin and DavidinMaples (a fan of the Tree) scurrilously called you Anthropopithecus, which is so demeaning- yet you took it (and 'liked' it) like a Wimpopithecus flaccidicus would. I just came across this old photo of you in the BY archives, and I must say I prefer the more pensive, pre-depilatory look.
Careful Java… I think HR’s setting you up to be the straight man for this thread’s inevitable deterioration into award Stagg Party jokes.
Wow! I go over to the work cave to sharpen my spear then go on a two day hunt up the mountain, and what do I find when I return? My appearance, judgment, and ingenuity have been impugned, tossed around, and toyed with like a rattlesnake before we make the night stew. I'm aghast! :eek:

To make matters worse, there wasn't a wildebeest to be found on the mountainside ...so now I'm ornery and hungry!
:mad:

Oh well, I guess that's the price to be paid for living in this communal settlement yard that we have here. :rolleyes:

T

TroyHouse66

4f1c0ee0a0718d08bf18f3f8ea4284cb.jpg

He got game!

[2015-2016...
Time for the Lu & Lou Show!!
Don't need no 'uigi Board to figure this'n out...
'Pheezah will please yah!!
and
the Long Da'Janae into Indianapples begins!!
ND will be Toast... and the meal will be served by the Butler]

mr006

Reaction Score
"As others seek validation in a bigger paycheck, a different location or a more prestigious position..."

He made his own prestigious position... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom