lots of things to like about this win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
-true road win
-came back from a 14 point deficit
-beat a team they should have by double digits (i.e. not a nail-biter against an inferior opponent)
-balanced scoring (4 double figure scorers)
-scored over 80 points
-shot 55%
-lots of good ball movement, especially in the 2nd half
-won the rebounding battle
-made more free throws than the opponent attempted
-kromah showed he can be a legit 4th scoring option
-and kromah played amazing defense and provided a ton of energy and leadership when it was lacking
-nolan had 8 and 5

feel free to add more

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan managed to stay mentally composed during this game and I think that's the key for him. When he plays without panicking (ie his one man merry-go-round act) good things happen.

Reaction Score
A gutsy performance on the road after a tough loss.Kromah showed real aggressiveness tonite at both ends and made a statement for more playing time.

Reaction Score
Brimah bringing tons of energy in the early going.
Boat's composure and leadership on the road.

Reaction Score
I avoided the chat room, and I'm glad I did. Beginning of the game was brutal but towards the end of the half and all of the 2nd half our team showed up. Kromah was a beast!

Reaction Score
They seemed to be outmatched in both the intensity and physicality departments for the first 12-13 minutes and then decided to play......you don't want to make those types of starts a pattern but no matter they responded and in a big way to what is a decent basketball team.

Nicely done......

Reaction Score
We got 14 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 4-4 FT's from the center position. Almost like there was one whole good center out there.

We shot 88% from the FT line. It's so nice to be confident that FT's are easy points after years of UConn teams giving away games with missed FT's.

Reaction Score
I was shocked that we only had 7 team assists to 15 turnovers. I thought we moved the ball pretty well towards the end of the first half into the 2nd half. But the lack of assists seems to be a pattern. We're not getting many easy baskets.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Boat had his best game in a while
KO called timely time-outs
Kromah was awesome
Team was patient and didn't panic

Didn't like:
The announcer Kara had to put up with.
1) said something totally erroneous about UCONN (Kara corrected him)
2) Several times: the rebound (or whatever) went to the Huskies.
3) "the University of UCONN"

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'll add that we did exactly what we didn't do in the middle of a jump shooting drought against Stanford; we got to the rim and the line.

For the KO doesn't make adjustments crowd, what he said in the media on Wednesday came to fruition today. We started 1-8 from 3 I believe, and then we got inside with Krom leading the attack.

Those baskets got us in the flow. Shots followed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if we aren't going to dominate on the boards or have great post defense we need to do exactly what they did, pressure pressure pressure the whole shot clock and if they get tired, sub them out for a breather. their hands and feet were active the entire time... ball pressure will be huge and the energy brimah, kromah and giff bring on defense is tremendous

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kromah was awesome

Didn't like:

Boat still gives away the ball that turns into 2 pts for the opposition way too many times
He scored better today but overall play still is questionable

Kromah is an athlete vs omar who is a stand shooter/scorer (when 100%) - need another guy who can dribble drive that takes pressure off baz and guards

Patience is a virtue with this team because when they panic they tend to get unfocused (boat vs Stanford) at least with baz there is no panic

Announcers - who cares but it must be difficult to have 2 teams with same name but PLEASE be better prepared - Shabazz Mohammed????

Reaction Score
Boat still gives away the ball that turns into 2 pts for the opposition way too many times
He scored better today but overall play still is questionable

Boatright gets analyzed through a different lens than basically anyone else. I don't know what game you were watching today if you're going to say his overall play was questionable. I also give him credit for keeping his composure in the face of several truly egregious foul calls. The call with 3:50 left, when he got thrown into a screener, was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
-true road win
-came back from a 14 point deficit
-beat a team they should have by double digits (i.e. not a nail-biter against an inferior opponent)
-balanced scoring (4 double figure scorers)
-scored over 80 points
-shot 55%
-lots of good ball movement, especially in the 2nd half
-won the rebounding battle
-made more free throws than the opponent attempted
-kromah showed he can be a legit 4th scoring option
-and kromah played amazing defense and provided a ton of energy and leadership when it was lacking
-nolan had 8 and 5

feel free to add more
For as badly as I felt in the previous game, I felt so much better for this... not at first, but it came together. Great win for the good Huskies.

Reaction Score
I was shocked that we only had 7 team assists to 15 turnovers. I thought we moved the ball pretty well towards the end of the first half into the 2nd half. But the lack of assists seems to be a pattern. We're not getting many easy baskets.

The offense picked up once we figured out that they were letting us get to the basket. They made no effort to help on penetration. Not many assists to rack up when you can get to the front of the rim like that.

Reaction Score
Kromah was awesome

Didn't like:
I missed #3 today, but have heard it before. Total mystery why we think that branding was the right thing to do. I'd expect an announcer to know better, but I guess some are only chosen for their looks or the sound of their voice.

Reaction Score
Seemed like Lasan was in the passing lane for every long pass. Would love to see the press tried out with him at the point to cause some disruption. It could create some havoc and have Brimah guarding the rim in a situation like this. How I loved those pressing teams!

Reaction Score
Boatright gets analyzed through a different lens than basically anyone else. I don't know what game you were watching today if you're going to say his overall play was questionable. I also give him credit for keeping his composure in the face of several truly egregious foul calls. The call with 3:50 left, when he got thrown into a screener, was embarrassing.

Boat gets what he deserves sometime but yesterday wasn't too bad at all. They are so much better when he can score and make plays which he did yesterday. But gtcam is correct in that he needs to take better care of the ball more consistently, heck in the last 2 games for that matter so does Bazz. I believe Boats biggest problem is he needs to jump to make his plays and is always already committed, not good for a PG.

As for yesterday the way he and the team responded leaves little room to gripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom