lots of coaches available... | The Boneyard

lots of coaches available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.. wonder if we're gonna take a hard look at any of the former TB Bucaneers staff.. They all got canned...

Reaction Score
Not sure why when I typed "Tampa" the name appears as "Syracuse"????

Reaction Score
Coach P has to know someone that he could persuade to come to CT and coach up the new Husky QB's. Preferrably at the NFL level.

Reaction Score
Name being tossed around is New Orleans scout Mike Neu to replace Moorhead. I'm gonna guess we may have more openings in the coming weeks.

Reaction Score
oh wow... a scout... not a coach... time to google this Mike Neu guy...

Reaction Score
OK.. Not a bad Mike Neu bio ( http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/staff/mike-neu/4fe4316b-21a2-4aa9-b9d2-153feaa8559e ) ... Doesn't jump out at you either though... Upside, this guy's been around football a ton ... Headcoaching experience (albeit the AFL and AFL2) plus as a player he was a 4 year starter at Ball State at QB which is huge... another big plus though is he's been evaluating a ton of talent in the Louisiana area while with the Saints...That's big.. If he ends up being our guy he'll be a nice get in bringing in talent..

Reaction Score
Name being tossed around is New Orleans scout Mike Neu to replace Moorhead. I'm gonna guess we may have more openings in the coming weeks.

Has six letters in common with Mike Nebrich, so should be a nice fit there.

Reaction Score
OK.. Not a bad Mike Neu bio ( http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/staff/mike-neu/4fe4316b-21a2-4aa9-b9d2-153feaa8559e ) ... Doesn't jump out at you either though... Upside, this guy's been around football a ton ... Headcoaching experience (albeit the AFL and AFL2) plus as a player he was a 4 year starter at Ball State at QB which is huge... another big plus though is he's been evaluating a ton of talent in the Louisiana area while with the Saints...That's big.. If he ends up being our guy he'll be a nice get in bringing in talent..

Who do you think you're getting to leave the League and come not to be a Head Coach, not to be a coordinator, but to be a position coach for maybe, maybe $200k a year (and I'm guessing we're going to go cheaper than that).

Reaction Score
maybe Steve Spagnuolo is looking for a homecoming. it's hard to believe he used to be our DB coach.

in all seriousness i think any "coach" would be crazy to leave one of the most successful NFL offenses to be our QB coach. if our next QB coach comes from the Saints it won't be from anyone that had the word "coach" in their job title. Truthfully Moorhead was drastically over qualified to be our QB coach that ended up there by circumstance. i wouldn't expect our next QB coach to have any kind of college coordinator or NFL coaching experience.

Reaction Score
Who do you think you're getting to leave the League and come not to be a Head Coach, not to be a coordinator, but to be a position coach for maybe, maybe $200k a year (and I'm guessing we're going to go cheaper than that).

If indeed Mike Neu is the guy we're targetting (as it's been speculated) then why wouldn't he want to leave the "scout" world and not get back into coaching? Hard to believe he wouldn't want to get back on the sidelines and coach, albeit at the BCS level at UCONN. I'm a little confused by your logic.

Bottom line though, I hope we can get somebody in here that can help make this offense better....

Reaction Score
If indeed Mike Neu is the guy we're targetting (as it's been speculated) then why wouldn't he want to leave the "scout" world and not get back into coaching? Hard to believe he wouldn't want to get back on the sidelines and coach, albeit at the BCS level at UCONN. I'm a little confused by your logic.

Bottom line though, I hope we can get somebody in here that can help make this offense better....

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't doubt that a non-coach at the NFL level could be "gotten." I was reacting to the fact that you didn't seem overjoyed by his resume, and was trying to make the point that a better resume -- NFL position coach -- would be unobtainable for this particular job.

Reaction Score
Mike Neu had a decent career as a QB at Ball State. He's pretty highly regarded, Sean Payton stumped for him to become head coach at Ball State last time they had an opening.

Reaction Score
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't doubt that a non-coach at the NFL level could be "gotten." I was reacting to the fact that you didn't seem overjoyed by his resume, and was trying to make the point that a better resume -- NFL position coach -- would be unobtainable for this particular job.

My bad bizlaw.. I should've been a little clear in the beginning... I'm excited about ANY potential coach for UCONN that has had some sort of affiliation at the NFL level in fact... Just want us to end up with the right guy...

Reaction Score

Mike Neu will be joining new Tulane Head Coach Curtis Johnsons staff. Johnson is the Saints WR coach currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom