Looks Like ACC CCG Dergulation WIll Pass | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Looks Like ACC CCG Dergulation WIll Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is also puzzling to me to see UConn fans so defensive of Rutgers.

Because Rutgers is (now) the "closest" (geographically and otherwise) B1G school to UConn, and Rutgers was recently rescued from AAC to B1G, inspiring hope for all fans of UConn. Before Rutgers' invitation to B1G, the "fit" of UConn in B1G was virtually nonexistent; with Rutgers in the B1G fold, UConn can now see some legitimate parallels with another B1G school.

The sentiment is further enhanced because there are many ways in which UConn can (justifiably) claim superiority over Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Because Rutgers is (now) the "closest" (geographically and otherwise) B1G school to UConn, and Rutgers was recently rescued from AAC to B1G, inspiring hope for all fans of UConn. Before Rutgers' invitation to B1G, the "fit" of UConn in B1G was virtually nonexistent; with Rutgers in the B1G fold, UConn can now see some legitimate parallels with another B1G school.

The sentiment is further enhanced because there are many ways in which UConn can (justifiably) claim superiority over Rutgers.
Rutgers as beloved example of salvation - who would have guessed. RutgersAl must be delirious with joy. Penn State and UConn fans both publicly fighting to defend the good name of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Reaction Score
What's next, ACC fans publicly defending the good name of Notre Dame. ;)
We do have a good name.

We're like that wealthy eccentric uncle some people have. If you can ignore the eccentricity and accept him, he might help you a great deal.

I hope this post is not your way of getting Maryland onto the Defend Rutgers bandwagon.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Isn't it crazy all these people defending Rutgers? It's almost as if Rutgers is a valuable property.

Reaction Score
Why do UConn fans defend Rutgers? Because it stands to help UConn's case of getting into B1G.

Why do Penn State fans defend Rutgers? Because Rutgers (and Maryland) finally bring in more easterly members into B1G... a(/two) new "rival(s)" whom they can likely dominate... in states where they have many alumni/fans and where many prized athletic recruits grow up.... It's done; let's look at the bright side.

Why do ACC fans defend Notre Dame? a) Because Notre Dame's affiliation helps their conference; it certainly seems it helped already with the GoR and its better established stability.. b) It's done; let's look at the bright side.

Why do B1G fans defend Rutgers? It's done; let's look at the bright side.

Notre Dame and the ACC are together because both parties believe that both parties will benefit.

Rutgers/Maryland and the B1G are together because both parties believe that both parties will benefit.

Unfortunately, UConn has not yet reached an agreement with ACC or B1G in which both parties see mutual benefit. Hopefully this situation will change soon.

Every fan of every school looks out for the best interests of their school (first) and then conference. Anyone saying anything else is lying; those criticizing others for "self-serving attitudes" are hypocrites.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I am not certain that the ACC will see the "wisdom" of adding UConn to fight the Big Ten for the elusive (and perhaps non-existent) "control" of NYC.

Can UConn add about $22 million for themselves and extra revenue for everyone else as far as the ESPN TV contract?

Maybe, just maybe it will be enough to break even with UConn's addition just to stick a finger in Jim Delany's eye, I don't know.

Can UConn generate enough revenue for the ACC to pay for itself and add some money to each other member's share?

That would mean, what, maybe $22 million for its own share plus a million or two for the other 15 members?

Isn't that really the main issue here? I don't know the answer but to overcome all of the other issues (BC, Syracuse, FSU, Clemson, et al), doesn't UConn have to bring lots of revenue to the table?

One never knows what UConn has to bring to the table because, well, the criteria keeps changing.

Reaction Score
Why do UConn fans defend Rutgers? Because it stands to help UConn's case of getting into B1G.

Why do Penn State fans defend Rutgers? Because Rutgers (and Maryland) finally bring in more easterly members into B1G... a(/two) new "rival(s)" whom they can likely dominate... in states where they have many alumni/fans and where many prized athletic recruits grow up.... It's done; let's look at the bright side.

The Penn State fans are not defending Rutgers. Many are appalled. Ldandy defends Rutgers because he buys into Jim Delaney's BTN vision. Most Penn State fans look at the athletic contests they will have to engage in with Rutgers, and they ask WTF? Who's bright idea was this? Here are some discussing it now. It makes any comment I've ever made about them tame.

https://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=172345748&mid=172345748&sid=890&style=2

Reaction Score
We do have a good name.

We're like that wealthy eccentric uncle some people have. If you can ignore the eccentricity and accept him, he might help you a great deal.

I hope this post is not your way of getting Maryland onto the Defend Rutgers bandwagon.

Not quite. It was just my way of noting the bit of irony in your post. Anyway, this is not a Maryland site, so I try not pimp or even defend my school (or other schools) too much, as well as our new conference. I also try not to crap on other schools or conferences too much either, even, or especially in a "clever" way.

Anyway, like Rutgers, Notre Dame having a good name is subject to debate.

Reaction Score
You need to read the entire thread. The whole debate was about some posters here insisting that the Irish are destined for the B1G and that the Midwest Schools gets a Buzz seeing the Irish. Despite denials by every Irish fan on here that they are ever going to be in the B1G, some posters here continue to insist that the Irish will be in the B1G and belong in the B1G and not the ACC. I went back and read through this entire tedious thread, and I'm not sure where the posters(plural) are that are claiming ND will end up in The B1G. Obviously ND is a big draw, and especially so to schools that have played them 50+ times. Saying you think something WILL happen is very different than saying you think something SHOULD happen. IMO ND will not join The B1G, and despite being a geographic fit, they are not a similar or like minded institution to 13 of 14 current members.

I was reaffirming as every Irish fan here has affirmed that the Irish are not going to the B1G and that those B1G schools need to get a Buzz seeing Rutgers, because is it Rutgers going to the B1G. Yes but it was done so in a condescending manner, and by a person with a history on this board of running down Rutgers at any opportunity. No Irish. If you want to call that a Dig, go ahead. It is the B1G who in fact invited Rutgers. And? I do not share your optimism that some more TV money from the B1G will improve the competitive nature of these teams. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think it will just enable them to be more fat, dumb, and happy continuing to do as they have always done. More of the same... But you may continue to. Maryland does have the better chance of the two because they have a winning tradition in former times in the men's sports. They do well in women's now. UMD is the second most winning program in ACC History. If they get their financial house in order they will be fine.

As for the Irish fans caring about playing UVA in South Bend, I imagine zero would give a hoot at this point. UVA has never played a game in South Bend, and the only game against Notre Dame was 25 years ago. However, I liken it to the Miami fans when they joined the ACC. I lived in Miami Beach at that the time. No Miami fan cared at all about playing UVA. In fact, when I told them I was from UVA, they always asked if that was the same as Virginia Tech. Then UVA defeated the Hurricanes 48-0 in the Orange Bowl in 2007. It was the worst defeat of a Hurricanes' team in the history of the Orange Bowl on national television. Then all of a sudden, Miami fans started to pay attention to those games. I no longer had to explain who UVA is. UVA will have to earn any interest by the Irish fans. We know this. I guess we'll check back in 60 years and see how this rivalry stacks up to the ones they are giving up.

Reaction Score

Why do ACC fans defend Notre Dame? a) Because Notre Dame's affiliation helps their conference; it certainly seems it helped already with the GoR and its better established stability.. b) It's done; let's look at the bright side.

Notre Dame and the ACC are together because both parties believe that both parties will benefit.

Rutgers/Maryland and the B1G are together because both parties believe that both parties will benefit.

Unfortunately, UConn has not yet reached an agreement with ACC or B1G in which both parties see mutual benefit. Hopefully this situation will change soon.

Every fan of every school looks out for the best interests of their school (first) and then conference. Anyone saying anything else is lying; those criticizing others for "self-serving attitudes" are hypocrites.

Jesus. Thank you for bringing common sense to the table.

Reaction Score
Again with The Rutgers digs? It's starting to get a bit creepy. We get it. Rutgers doesn't have a tradition of athletic success comparable to a school like ND. Who cares? Every fan base has a handful of teams on their schedule that they are less than excited to see come to town. Do you honestly think FSU, Clemson, or Miami Fans are pumped about the prospect of playing Syracuse, Wake Forest, or BC in football?

Last time I checked The Irish weren't in The B1G, so all of this is moot anyway. UM, MSU, and Purdue can now replace The Irish with another quality OOC opponnent should they desire to do so. Tradition goes both ways. If ND and it's administration no longer value these matchups, The B1G and its members will eventually feel the same way.

While ND is good for business for these B1g Schools, so are they in return when visiting South Bend. I can assure you that the Midwestern Irish Fans who actually attend Irish Home games in THE STATE OF INDIANA, will miss seeing these traditional Midwestern Matchups. UVA will resonate about as much as ODU will on their home schedule. TV will also be affected, as these games have traditionally drawn strong ratings.

Rutgers is admittedly a gamble. Delany is gambling that RU can elevate it's program by recieving an improved conference payout. I believe they can as well. I don't ever see them being a power, as there is too much competition for talent in the state of NJ. That said being decent in Football and Basketball is not out of the question. In the mean time the conference will benefit from increased exposure in the NYC Market, increased cable fees in NJ, and greater access to a valuable recruiting territory.
This sheet is gonna backfire on these ACC propagandists and the B1G will laugh all the way to the bank and the hearts and minds of US the People!!

Reaction Score
Rutgers as beloved example of salvation - who would have guessed. RutgersAl must be delirious with joy. Penn State and UConn fans both publicly fighting to defend the good name of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
The arrogance of you ACC guys have reaped the whirlwind here in the NE(although no one cares much about UVa FB or BB) but i guess the reinforcements stimpy called for earned ND even more hate than usual for being the Benedict Arnold's they've traditionally been outside of there fanbase who are deluded(like StimpyCuse)..!! Stimp to us represents all we hate about the ACC and the way they operate...no wonder the FB games outside of FSU+Clampson have more seats disguised as fan's than actual fan's in the middle of SEC territory......"1766-2014"...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nicky, they're angry because Rutgers is going to make an absolute f--- load of money in the Big Ten.

It dents their world view. It dented mine, too, but I've gotten over it.

Reaction Score
The Penn State fans are not defending Rutgers. Many are appalled. Ldandy defends Rutgers because he buys into Jim Delaney's BTN vision. Most Penn State fans look at the athletic contests they will have to engage in with Rutgers, and they ask WTF? Who's bright idea was this? Here are some discussing it now. It makes any comment I've ever made about them tame.

https://bwi com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=172345748&mid=172345748&sid=890&style=2
I wonder if on the day u were born who else was appalled?lol

Reaction Score
Nicky, they're angry because Rutgers is going to make an absolute f--- load of money in the Big Ten.

u may want to delete my previous post? I'll get over it lol

Reaction Score

https://bwi com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=172345748&mid=172345748&sid=890&style=2
Leave it to stimpycuse...anywhere he can he'll find it...RU hate dot stimp..

Reaction Score

It seems obvious that most UConn fans, here at least, think the way your opening sentence runs. But I don't think Rutgers means anything to UConn in that sense. That the BeeOneGee rescued Maryland from its fiscal failures does not mean it will rescue another school within the same basic area. In fact, rescuing a second such school, flushing it with cash, probably would hurt the ability of Maryland to use the BTN and the conference money to get things turned around.

The same goes with the area in and around NYC. The more different schools in that area the BeeOneGee tries to pump up, the less money and promotion each of those schools can receive. The NYC TV market is not going to double the money it will pay the BTN because a second school near that market is added. And that would be true even if ND were not the major football draw in the market.

The logic that seems to escape most UConn fans on this board is one that most Pitt fans caught on to rather quickly. The way the BeeOneGee thinks and acts, Pitt was of little to no value. To the BeeOneGee mind, adding Pitt would only double up TV market. That Pitt-Penn State played annually once again almost certainly would become a killer Thanksgiving weekend rivalry as it was for decades carried no weight. Nor did the quality of Pitt basketball and its large basketball fan base, which would give the BeeOneGee a basketball power with fans in PA.

To the BeeOneGee, actual improved quality of play means very little; a new school in a brand new large TV market means almost everything.

UConn probably is superfluous to the BeeOneGee.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The logic that seems to escape most UConn fans on this board is one that most Pitt fans caught on to rather quickly. The way the BeeOneGee thinks and acts, Pitt was of little to no value. To the BeeOneGee mind, adding Pitt would only double up TV market. That Pitt-Penn State played annually once again almost certainly would become a killer Thanksgiving weekend rivalry as it was for decades carried no weight. Nor did the quality of Pitt basketball and its large basketball fan base, which would give the BeeOneGee a basketball power with fans in PA.

Before you get too far off on a ACC is so much smarter than the B1G because they didn't want a Pitt-PSU rivalry rant, the same can be said about UCONN fans knowing that a UCONN-BC rivalry would have given the ACC such a shot in the arm in the northeast...in HUGE TV markets.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It seems obvious that most UConn fans, here at least, think the way your opening sentence runs. But I don't think Rutgers means anything to UConn in that sense. That the BeeOneGee rescued Maryland from its fiscal failures does not mean it will rescue another school within the same basic area. In fact, rescuing a second such school, flushing it with cash, probably would hurt the ability of Maryland to use the BTN and the conference money to get things turned around.

The same goes with the area in and around NYC. The more different schools in that area the BeeOneGee tries to pump up, the less money and promotion each of those schools can receive. The NYC TV market is not going to double the money it will pay the BTN because a second school near that market is added. And that would be true even if ND were not the major football draw in the market.

To the BeeOneGee, actual improved quality of play means very little; a new school in a brand new large TV market means almost everything.

UConn probably is superfluous to the BeeOneGee.
Do you actually type out "BeeOneGee" every time or do you have a shortcut for it to save time?

Reaction Score
Do you actually type out "BeeOneGee" every time or do you have a shortcut for it to save time?
ND fan's are probably "butthurt" that our school's wouldn't cave to an uneven scheduling arrangement like weaker-willed ACC schools(unique concession's?) concerned with growing irrelevance here in the center of the media universe !?! Shocking to them that anyone might have a shred of dignity i guess? When they lose their precious independence(got to happen eventually) they'll sing a different tune. "When will I see you again" in the ALWAYS relevant NE markets. As for the ACC? WG'sAS!lol..Was really GLAD when u guys schooled them in FB on their own field(as RE said "lil old Uconn" a couple yrs ago...as hard as they(officials) tried to rob ya, lol !

Reaction Score

I am not angry at Rutgers or anyone else. Rutgers to the Big Ten did not "dent my world view" at all. I wish Rutgers well.

Reaction Score
The religious association goes well beyond celebrating common faith; It has a huge impact on Notre Dame's bottom line in sports, which is an odd correlation when looking for a cause and effect rooted in faith.

So, I'm saying that Notre Dame does willingly participate in an association, and thus the vociferous bashing of conference affiliation is disingenuous.

Again, what does being part of a religion have to do with a bunch of schools banding together to play sports? These are not the same things, at all.

Reaction Score
I am not angry at Rutgers or anyone else. Rutgers to the Big Ten did not "dent my world view" at all. I wish Rutgers well.
Terry thats why i believe you're the only ND/ACC poster with rational non sarcastic views worthy of reading here! I get no malicious/snarky vibe's out of you're reasonable comments and none of stimpy's/MSND misguided fear that eminates from them. If RU wasn't relevant no one would even mention them!! Like when in grammar school if you like a girl u might immaturely pull her ponytail lol!!Secure folks don't need to resort to this childishness to feel important.

Reaction Score
Somebody has to take the time to help us pronounce those 3 symbols that are stuck together to label a conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom