Looking forward to this weekend | The Boneyard

Looking forward to this weekend

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are alot of players getting alot of hype. This weekend will show us who is deserving. Great players lead their team. Great players stand out and have the ability to make their team mates look good. Great players are the players who want the ball when their team needs a basket and they deliver. This weekend will show us where we stand.

There is no doubt in my mind and many of your minds that a healthy Paige will carry UConn through this weekend. This weekend is going to be very tuff for every team and those teams without a dominate leader, without good guards, without a discipled team are going to have problems. The biggest difference between last year and this year at this time is UConn has Paige. Paige Makes It Happen. No other player in WCBB can affect a game like Paige can. She's a level above everybody else. UConn will beat Duke because Paige wont let them lose. With that said nothing silly like foul trouble of injuries can stop her. Paige is one of a kind.

We will see alot of great players this weekend. We will see alot of great players score alot of points. With Paige we will see efficiency, in everything she does. This women is on a mission. If UConn wins the NC she will be Superwomen because it will be her that gets UConn there. Barring injuries and foul trouble. UConn will beat Duke because Paige will not let UConn lose.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Worried about Saturday, not about the women winning, but if the men win tonight, then they will be playing Saturday also. The womens game is at 8:00, so as the #1 seed, hopefully they will not schedule them at night, maybe around 2 or 4. Both would work for me.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Worried about Saturday, not about the women winning, but if the men win tonight, then they will be playing Saturday also. The womens game is at 8:00, so as the #1 seed, hopefully they will not schedule them at night, maybe around 2 or 4. Both would work for me.
Pretty good chance the regional final game in Boston will be earlier in the day, as the other one on Saturday is in Los Angeles.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pretty good chance the regional final game in Boston will be earlier in the day, as the other one on Saturday is in Los Angeles.

They usually have the men's saturday regional finals at approximately 6:09 and 8:49

Reaction Score
Yep. I am looking forward to this weekend as well. Great games, great players, and looking forward to seeing some great moments out there. Let's go, UConn!!

Reaction Score
Those games will likely overlap. I hope the men's game (if they win tonight) is at least the 6pm game, so it's hopefully almost over by the time the women's game starts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Those games will likely overlap. I hope the men's game (if they win tonight) is at least the 6pm game, so it's hopefully almost over by the time the women's game starts.

They usually put the more attractive matchup as the late game for Saturday's men's regionals. Since Clemson just knocked off Zona... I would think a UConn vs Iowa State/Illinois matchup is a more attractive one than Clemson vs Chapel Hill/Alabama. But I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Supposed to start at 6, but it will run into 8:30, or later. Between commercials and just unfathomable wasting of time, men’s games always take 20-30 minutes longer than women’s games.

Reaction Score
Supposed to start at 6, but it will run into 8:30, or later. Between commercials and just unfathomable wasting of time, men’s games always take 20-30 minutes longer than women’s games.
Confirmed 6:09 tipoff.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm expecting a 30+ minute overlap. I hope the men's game has no drama so I can watch the women play from the opening tip. Otherwise the clicker will get a workout.

The men's game always takes longer because they have 2 more TV time outs, among other reasons like fouling in the final minute when there's no chance of winning. How often have you seen that strategy work? I can't recall a game where that worked right off the top of my head.

Why 6:09? More pregame commercials.

Reaction Score
I'll have the men on the TV and the women on my laptop until the men's game ends. Hopefully I don't have to do that past the 1st Q of the women's game.

The USC game is before ours, so hopefully that game goes longer than expected and UConn starts a little later than 8pm.

Reaction Score
There are alot of players getting alot of hype. This weekend will show us who is deserving. Great players lead their team. Great players stand out and have the ability to make their team mates look good. Great players are the players who want the ball when their team needs a basket and they deliver. This weekend will show us where we stand.

There is no doubt in my mind and many of your minds that a healthy Paige will carry UConn through this weekend. This weekend is going to be very tuff for every team and those teams without a dominate leader, without good guards, without a discipled team are going to have problems. The biggest difference between last year and this year at this time is UConn has Paige. Paige Makes It Happen. No other player in WCBB can affect a game like Paige can. She's a level above everybody else. UConn will beat Duke because Paige wont let them lose. With that said nothing silly like foul trouble of injuries can stop her. Paige is one of a kind.

We will see alot of great players this weekend. We will see alot of great players score alot of points. With Paige we will see efficiency, in everything she does. This women is on a mission. If UConn wins the NC she will be Superwomen because it will be her that gets UConn there. Barring injuries and foul trouble. UConn will beat Duke because Paige will not let UConn lose.
Hey Tony..I want to take a brief break from the focus on the sweet sixteen, and ask your opinion on a player. I refer to Qadance Samuels. It is clear that she has not earned enough trust from Geno to rotate her in at this level of the NCAAs. Certainly , he will call upon her if the situation requires ( foul trouble, etc ). But, if all goes according to plan, we won't be seeing her on the court again until next season. I really like a lot about her; speed, athleticism, work ethic, jump shot , drives to the hoop, and hard work on defense ( really long arms, etc ). Geno has said that her ceiling is unlimited. And, in fairness, Geno gave her decent exposure in the BE tournament, and in game 1 of the NCAA tournament ( Which in itself, is decent for a freshman who arrived without " all world" credentials). Clearly, she needs work handling the ball, disguising her passing intentions, and eliminating "freshman-like" mistakes.

Here is my question; do you believe she can become an "A" level contributor? Someone whose development forces Geno to put her in the line-up? Is she a diamond that will soon come to shine? A reliable and trustworthy starter? Can she become a great
UCONN player ( seemingly out of nowhere ) or is she going to be an occasionally used substitute in games that don't really matter? I would be interested in your ( and everyone's) thoughts. Many thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom