LOL Fox Sports 1 | The Boneyard

LOL Fox Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
"Look, I know people are talking about George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing but I gotta tell you, it's not a classy show, it's got very poor production values, his boat is, I would say, not very impressive. I have a fleet of boats that are all much nicer than his boat and I'm a better fisherman than he is. You can ask around, I go out fishing with some very important people and they all respect my saltwater fishing skills."

Reaction Score
"Look, I know people are talking about George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing but I gotta tell you, it's not a classy show, it's got very poor production values, his boat is, I would say, not very impressive. I have a fleet of boats that are all much nicer than his boat and I'm a better fisherman than he is. You can ask around, I go out fishing with some very important people and they all respect my saltwater fishing skills."

Very well done.

Reaction Score
You'd figure the Michelle Beadle experience would have served notice. No one cares about the espn personalties, were just programed to watch and listen to espn. Same thing with wfan on the radio. Unless Steve Sommers is on, I have it on the fan 90% of the time. I really got to tune in to Joe D and Gresh.

Espn is still the first channel I check when nothing is on I want to watch.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You'd figure the Michelle Beadle experience would have served notice. No one cares about the espn personalties, were just programed to watch and listen to espn. Same thing with wfan on the radio. Unless Steve Sommers is on, I have it on the fan 90% of the time. I really got to tune in to Joe D and Gresh.

Espn is still the first channel I check when nothing is on I want to watch.
Joe D and Gresh are terrible. It's like listening to two crazy uncles screaming at a TV.

Reaction Score
Joe D and Gresh are terrible. It's like listening to two crazy uncles screaming at a TV.

Sounds like typical sports talk. All started with Russo. Blah blah blah. Talk fast and act like you know what you are saying Joe D and Gresh are okay, just a sign of the times.

Reaction Score
WFAN was great when it was Mike & the Mad Dog. They were original and it was great when they disagreed. Since Russo left, Francesa seems to have gotten more and more vicious with the callers. He is not very good alone. Jay Mohr is funny but I haven't found him on the radio in a while. espn drives me insane with its by the book, scripted, commercial approach
I need a go-to sports talk radio station while driving. What's the consensus?

Reaction Score
WFAN was great when it was Mike & the Mad Dog. They were original and it was great when they disagreed. Since Russo left, Francesa seems to have gotten more and more vicious with the callers. He is not very good alone. Jay Mohr is funny but I haven't found him on the radio in a while. espn drives me insane with its by the book, scripted, commercial approach

Dan Patrick in the morning. Good mix of sports & entertainment guests

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Cowherd was my favorite but being on Fox Sports Radio basically takes him off the air in CT. LeBetard (ESPN) between 10 and 1 is pretty good. Dibble is an arrogant brat so 3:00 is the worst time in the day.

Reaction Score
Cowherd was my favorite but being on Fox Sports Radio basically takes him off the air in CT. LeBetard (ESPN) between 10 and 1 is pretty good. Dibble is an arrogant brat so 3:00 is the worst time in the day.

I hate LeBatard. He doesn't even want to talk about sports, he wants to ask athletes about the time they were 8 and their dad wouldn't take them to the zoo, and how did that make them feel?

Reaction Score
Just be glad you don't live in Boston. We've got WEEI, which is for braindead meatheads, and the Hub, which is somehow even less literate. And they won't talk about anything that isn't Boston-centric. OJ could find the real killer and they'd only want to talk about how good Tom Brady is.

Reaction Score
Just be glad you don't live in Boston. We've got WEEI, which is for braindead meatheads, and the Hub, which is somehow even less literate. And they won't talk about anything that isn't Boston-centric. OJ could find the real killer and they'd only want to talk about how good Tom Brady is.
As a Boston resident, this, 1000%

Reaction Score
And let me guess, even they don't talk about BC.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
WFAN is an easy gig. About 5 minutes of work per hour. 20 20 sports and associated commercials plus mid hour commercials? Sweet for them

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My morning commute is spent with the Steve Czaban show on Yahoo Sports Radio, XM93.

Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:

I use to live in Worcester and I can absolutely attest to this, when we were making our 2014 NC run they refused to talk UConn. Not even kidding, Tony Maz even said something to the extent of I refuse to talk CT sports, CT isn't really new England anyway

Reaction Score
I use to live in Worcester and I can absolutely attest to this, when we were making our 2014 NC run they refused to talk UConn. Not even kidding, Tony Maz even said something to the extent of I refuse to talk CT sports, CT isn't really new England anyway

Every Boston sports "personality" is a complete chode. I met up with the Lady Bruce and a friend of hers at a bar last winter, and some tool (edit: Adolfo Gonzalez, apparently) was failing at trying to hit on them. He was bragging about being on Toucher and Rich, and I told him his show sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69