Lockout is Over YAY | The Boneyard

Lockout is Over YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok the Lockout is over for the owners and players. After arguing and losing half of the season they have come to resolution. And Guess what? one of their sticking points, The Salary Cap is remaining the same at 64.3 million. So half the season gone so the cap can remain the same. Revenue sharing was argued from 57/46 to 50/50 which I think is fair.

I love hockey and am an avid Hockey fan but this pisses me off! It seems this was dragge out more than it needed to for minimal gains for either side. I look at it this way sports are a three way street. The team, the players and the fans. We are ultimately the money behind everything.

Not sure how everyone feels but I am not looking forward to seeing a game this season. Hopefully i will cool off by next. It really stinks because i feel the Lightning were going to have a great season this year.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
I think there are markets where you won't notice that there was a lockout (Boston, NY, Chicago, Philly, the Canadian teams, etc). It is the Florida, Nashville, Columbus-type markets that will tell the story. Will those fans come back? How soon? What will the damage be? Many hockey pundits say those markets would have been better off had the season been canceled. We will see.

Reaction Score
I don't know I think the big markets will suffer too. I know they got hurt in baseball

Reaction Score
It's going to survive. The NHL has no competition at it's level. Unless you want to follow European leagues.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It will be fine in the core markets, and eventually in the southern ones.

I think both sides were s on this. The real losers are the ordinary folks working in the arenas and the bars and restaurants that lost business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom