Live Stream on YouTube: FIBA U19 USA v China 7/19/2015 1:15 pm EDT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live Stream on YouTube: FIBA U19 USA v China 7/19/2015 1:15 pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wilson, btw, hurt her ankle again and limped off though she wanted to stay out there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Shakayla Thomas may be the best athlete on the team. Wow she can jump for a 5-11 player

May ? ;)

I wonder if she will start for FSU.... she was an instant spark off the bench for them last year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thomas showed her athleticism with a nice steal and breakaway but forgot how to hit an uncontested layup.

This just in: Collier's tremendous.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not much is going right for Lauren Cox and she's visibly frustrated for the second straight day.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
US wins 88-62.

Collier finished with 17 points and 6 rebounds on 8-11 shooting, one shot being a three she was forced to take at the 3rd buzzer.

Dangerfield was not as effective playing with the back end of the US bench but she's going to be really good. 7 points (2-7 fg), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

I have to say, this is the worst I've seen Lauren Cox look, and disappointingly, she's letting it get to her. She was charged with 5 TO's and 4 fouls while going 1-5 from the field.

A'ja Wilson didn't return after re-injuring her ankle. She still got up 18 shots in 17 minutes.

Kristine Anigwe didn't play at all after barely playing yesterday. I have to think she's injured.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is Collier the best player for the US so far? She's certainly the most efficient and I think the most complete player on the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is Collier the best player for the US so far? She's certainly the most efficient and I think the most complete player on the team.

In my biased opinion she is. Statistically she is too. One semi-weakness is that she can be beat out front off the dribble by real quick players with a handle. That will have to be worked on, and she shouldn't be guarding those types of players too often at UConn anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I have ever seen a female player quite like Napheesa. She is the ultimate "glue girl". She does almost everything exceptionally well at the youth level. She can impact the game in so many different ways, a good coach will find a spot on the floor for her. The last male player I remember to be this complete at such a young age was Shane Battier.

Reaction Score
Collier really looks NCAA-ready, and could work her way into the starting lineup before season's end. Dangerfield looks very confident at PG, and, though she has a long way to go, could develop into the second coming of Mo. Remember, it took a while for Mo to become Mo!

Reaction Score
I don't know if I have ever seen a female player quite like Napheesa. She is the ultimate "glue girl". She does almost everything exceptionally well at the youth level. She can impact the game in so many different ways, a good coach will find a spot on the floor for her. The last male player I remember to be this complete at such a young age was Shane Battier.
I haven't seen Napheesa's flopping game yet. Hard to compare her to the quintessential Dookie before we've seen that.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen Napheesa's flopping game yet. Hard to compare her to the quintessential Dookie before we've seen that.

LoL... I actually forgot Battier was a serial diver. I don't blame him. Diving is a learned behavior.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Turns out Anigwe was sick yesterday. Someone should notify Cal fans who are apoplectic that she's not playing yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If she has half the college career that Battier had.... you guys will be very happy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa does just about everything well and plays with a lot of energy. She will come in off the bench and outplay the other team's starters. Geno may have a bench that includes Napheesa, Gabby, and Lou. Nice!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I felt for a long time that Napheesa had the potential to be a player LIKE Maya, and that she could be in the 2nd tier of former UCONN greats not named Maya, Dee, Stewie or Tina (putting her in the same category as KML, Cash, Jones, Bird and maybe a few others). Now, having seen her a time or 2, and knowing she's playing with a lot of players who already have a year of college under their belts, I would not be surprised to see her squeak into the very top tier of UCONN greats.

I'm not saying she will be as good as Maya, but I think she has that kind of potential...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I felt for a long time that Napheesa had the potential to be a player LIKE Maya, and that she could be in the 2nd tier of former UCONN greats not named Maya, Dee, Stewie or Tina (putting her in the same category as KML, Cash, Jones, Bird and maybe a few others). Now, having seen her a time or 2, and knowing she's playing with a lot of players who already have a year of college under their belts, I would not be surprised to see her squeak into the very top tier of UCONN greats.

I'm not saying she will be as good as Maya, but I think she has that kind of potential...
I think we all agree that she will be good. The question is "how good?" I think she will excel at most facets of the game like Maya and play hard like Maya and Kelly. Geno will love her. She may not shoot enough to be a top scorer, but she will do what is necessary to win. Everyone--fans and opponents alone--will like her. She could be on the career top-10 lists in scoring, rebounds, blocks, and steals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom