Live Post Game Press conferences | The Boneyard

Live Post Game Press conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Been a while since I wanted to give Geno some floss, but there you go!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Loved the answer to the last question about bench engagement/enthusiasm. You mope on my bench, you will never get in, never. 3-4 minutes of that. Sorta eye opening. Refreshing. I think the question of how Deshields would do under Geno has been definitively answered.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Like I said... "Head in Sand" condition :p I'm half surprised he didn't ask Geno how many final fours he's been to :p
I missed that!!! Research, I don't need no stinking research! I know sports! Right! Moron. :cool:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think the question of how Deshields would do under Geno has been definitively answered.
its not happening... move on geesh
i-admire-your-commitment-to-beating-a-dead-horse-d8ccf.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And this is what Auriemma said about his team:

“Me, we, my coaching staff, we put a huge premium on body language,” Auriemma said. “And if your body language is bad, you will never get in the game. Ever. I don't care how good you are. If somebody says, well, you just benched (Breanna Stewart) for 35 minutes in the Memphis game a couple of years ago. Yeah, I did. That was to motivate her for the South Carolina game the following Monday? No, it wasn't. Stewy was acting like a 12-year-old. So I put her on the bench and said sit there.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...a-demands-excellence-and-gets-uconn/82584486/

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like what the OSU coach had to say and the players handled it well. Makes you want to see this program do well in the future.
He sounds like when Geno first came to Storrs... their top player is the Bascom of their team. I wonder if they have a Lobo coming in!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And this is what Auriemma said about his team:

“Me, we, my coaching staff, we put a huge premium on body language,” Auriemma said. “And if your body language is bad, you will never get in the game. Ever. I don't care how good you are. If somebody says, well, you just benched (Breanna Stewart) for 35 minutes in the Memphis game a couple of years ago. Yeah, I did. That was to motivate her for the South Carolina game the following Monday? No, it wasn't. Stewy was acting like a 12-year-old. So I put her on the bench and said sit there.”

Doyel: Auriemma demands excellence, and gets it from UConn
Am I the only one that reads that and thinks 'smarmy'? It has some nice lines and I am glad to get the extended quote of Geno's, but the overall tenor is just off. It is like he is projecting his little soul onto Geno and attributing feelings he would have to Geno. I've read a few things from him besides his deflate gate diatribes and I am a little surprised he still has a job.

Reaction Score
He sounds like when Geno first came to Storrs... their top player is the Bascom of their team. I wonder if they have a Lobo coming in!

Did Sabrina Ionescu drop them from her list or are they still in the running? Hate to see that talent wasted at her other choices.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
its not happening... move on geesh
i-admire-your-commitment-to-beating-a-dead-horse-d8ccf.png
You're the guy riding behind me in the chariot! Relax. Can't stand a little humor about one of your favs? Be if good cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom