Lion after Boneyarder near LA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lion after Boneyarder near LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was in a Boston whaler on Twin Lakes Salisbury many years ago when my friend spotted a timber rattler swimming, he took his fishing net and brought the snake into the boat to my displeasure. There was a bear in my folks garage in Northwest CT. but the coolest animal I've ever seen in CT. was a mountain lion. It was hit by a car, lay stunned in the road for a couple seconds then sprung up and ran into the woods, yes they do exist in Connecticut.
It's a cool thought but the mountain lion was from South Dakota. Probably looking for new fracking territory.

Reaction Score
Adult-bobcat.jpg
Those are Bobcats really don't look anything like mountain lions.

Reaction Score
It's a cool thought but the mountain lion was from South Dakota. Probably looking for new fracking territory.
I saw it on 202 right near Wamogo school, a lot of people saw it.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Those are Bobcats really don't look anything like mountain lions.

Agreed, but bobcats account for 90% of mountain lion "sightings". Surprised your sighting wasn't confirmed since so many others saw it.

Like the bear, moose and even fischer cats, it'd be amazing if a few lions could re-establish a stable presense in CT or at least the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Live on Provin Mountain which in my area separates Feeding Hills, Westfield and Southwick pretty much. There have been sightings of a mountain lion and it was confirmed by our friend last year on her way to work as it came out of the reservoir area to cross the street in from of her. I asked if it could have been a bobcat because I see them in my backyard 2-3 times a year but she said way too big and no doubt in here mind.

They're around here, not sure there's many at all but I am sure they're up there in the sticks. Also our road separates the mountain and a huge state park so they can be anywhere. I know between those guys and the black bears which are in my yard more often than the bobcats, I walk the dog with a walking stick that has some punch to it just in case, never know. They're gonna get a beat down before they get my dog LOL

Reaction Score
Agreed, but bobcats account for 90% of mountain lion "sightings". Surprised your sighting wasn't confirmed since so many others saw it.

Like the bear, moose and even fischer cats, it'd be amazing if a few lions could re-establish a stable presense in CT or at least the Northeast.

Yeah that has to be true at times no doubt. The bobcat (s) I've seen in my yard are obviously very big in comparison to domestic and could fool some. Have not seen a fischer cat but have heard the SOB and that's an eery freaking sound.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Have not seen a fischer cat but have heard the SOB and that's an eery freaking sound.

I thought I was hearing a fisher cat up in the woods behind my house for quite a while -- usually heard it in the hour or two just before dawn. Not every night, but sometimes two or three nights in a row, then I might not hear it for another week. Horrid sound. I could only describe it as an angry, hissing, growling, screech.

Anyway, one night, it woke me up. Sounded like it was right outside my window. Neighbor has a cat that often craps in the flower bed there, so I figured it might have just met its maker at the teeth of a fisher cat. Got up, went to the window and hit the back light. Bobcat. And not a very big one. It ran into the woods, stopped and screeched. Turned out my fisher cat was a bobcat all along.

Talked to a wildlife biologist about it, and he said most of the fisher cat "unseen but heard" stories in CT are much more likely bobcats than martens.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for the conclusion. Did the fire department to help that kitty down from the telephone pole?

Reaction Score
huskypantz said:

That's a bs DEP story. The mountain lion having DNA of a South Dakota lion is irrelevant. Any lions that migrate east will have the DNA of western lions for the rest of time. The only thing the DNA in the dead lion proved was that the lion is a descendant of a western mountain lion.

What DEP is saying, "there are no native Eastern Mountain Lions", means that the original Eastern Mountain Lions are extinct. It has no bearing on whether or not western lions have moved east and are reproducing here or for how long they've been doing so. There are mountain lions all over New England or thousands of people, including wildlife officials in Haddam CT, don't know what a mountain lion looks like.

Nobody knows exactly why DEP officials deny lions in New England despite constant evidence, including the CT carcass, but they do.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Live on Provin Mountain which in my area separates Feeding Hills, Westfield and Southwick pretty much. There have been sightings of a mountain lion and it was confirmed by our friend last year on her way to work as it came out of the reservoir area to cross the street in from of her. I asked if it could have been a bobcat because I see them in my backyard 2-3 times a year but she said way too big and no doubt in here mind.

They're around here, not sure there's many at all but I am sure they're up there in the sticks. Also our road separates the mountain and a huge state park so they can be anywhere. I know between those guys and the black bears which are in my yard more often than the bobcats, I walk the dog with a walking stick that has some punch to it just in case, never know. They're gonna get a beat down before they get my dog LOL

images

Hope your stick is big and firm...

Reaction Score

It was close to 15 years ago, not sure about where the "sightings" go since ai never reported it to the DEP or newspaper but I certainly saw it and a buddy of mine happened to be in a car on the other side of the road and he saw it. There were several cars stopped in both lanes.

Reaction Score
It was close to 15 years ago, not sure about where the "sightings" go since ai never reported it to the DEP or newspaper but I certainly saw it and a buddy of mine happened to be in a car on the other side of the road and he saw it. There were several cars stopped in both lanes.

Where was this sj?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul