(LINK) Some raw meat for the Boneyard, Jeff Goodman's best PGs | The Boneyard

(LINK) Some raw meat for the Boneyard, Jeff Goodman's best PGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=3851

Insider article, but Boatright doesn't make the top 12. He is an also mentioned among another 30 or so PGs.

In the top 12 are #4 Tyus Jones, #5 Kevin Pangos, #7 Yogi Ferrell, #10 Terry Rozier, #12 TJ McConnell.

Boatright played great to end the year, and he was lights out in all phases in the NC Championship game. Give me Boatright over most of these guys.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just tack it up here with the others.

bulletin-board.jpg

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=3851

In the top 12 are #4 Tyus Jones, #5 Kevin Pangos, #7 Yogi Ferrell, #10 Terry Rozier, #12 TJ McConnell.

Boatright played great to end the year, and he was lights out in all phases in the NC Championship game. Give me Boatright over most of these guys.

I don't know these other guys well enough, and I had issues with Boatright's game for a long time, much as I did with Shabazz at times, but Boatright in the last two games of the Tournament were lifetime highlight memorable performances for me. Hard to believe that there are twelve better PGs going into the season, and doubt there will be more than a handful, if that, recognized as better at the end of it.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Boatright ends up an All-American next season and wins the Cousy Award. Anyway, this is just Goodman's typical trolling. Don't give him the hits.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Having TJ McConnell ranked ahead of Boat on any list is hilarious.

Reaction Score
I haven't quite understood the lack of Boatright buzz in these preseason lists. It seems like the prevailing narrative in wake of the NCAA Tournament has been that Bazz put the team on his back, filled Kemba's shoes, etc., when in reality it was more of a tag team act. Don't get me wrong; Shabazz had a tournament for the ages, but he also had the luxury of playing off the ball, defending the opposing teams two guard, and deferring late in games when he needed to conserve energy. And, if you need evidence that Boatright was more than just a secondary act, re-watch the 'Nova game - we got back in that with Shabazz on the bench largely because of how damn good Boatright was.

Boatright's stats in the NCAA Tournament: 13.7 points, 4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.83 steals, 48/40/86 shooting splits. If you were to compare those numbers - while not staggering, incredibly efficient - with those of some of the lead guards he defended throughout the run (Kane, Appling, Wilbekin, Harrison), you would begin to understand how good he was in those games.

I'm not saying there aren't holes in Boatright's game or areas he needs to improve, but it's odd to me that the second best guard in the 2014 NCAA Tournament isn't getting more respect.

Reaction Score
People don't believe until they see it consistently.. he had a great tournament run but his regular season was uneven.

Reaction Score
This is almost like how people in the media were completely surprised Bazz played so well during his senior year...when he had almost identical stats in his junior year.

Reaction Score
I saw this article this morning and since it was written by Goodman I knew Boat wouldn't be in there. I know Goodman isn't very high on Boat despite what he did in the NCAA Tournament.

pj

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Boatright ends up an All-American next season and wins the Cousy Award. Anyway, this is just Goodman's typical trolling. Don't give him the hits.

I agree. No guard was playing better defense than Boatright at the end of the season, and he proved he can score when we needed a bucket, and run the offense when we didn't. There are plenty of bigger guys who can do more inside, but can't think of many I'd rather have on my team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
And to think there are actually people who volunteerily give espn their money to read this horseshit...

Reaction Score
I disagree with most of who he has ahead based on what I saw throughout the tourney but taking off the National Flag Blue glasses he does have something to prove as the actual "leader and point guard" doesn't he? I mean I am really glad he's back but there will be a difference in what he did as Bazz's sidekick vs. what will now be expected of him………if he plays defense like he did and settle in on getting others involved he will be easily a Top 5-7 of those guys…..I know it's Goodwoman but like him there will be other doubters until he proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom