(Link) Panel: some ACC ADs discuss fears over change | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(Link) Panel: some ACC ADs discuss fears over change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are nutty.....making up stuff because you dislike FSU so...

1...Of the 23 for Connecticut..Smallwood is listed, as is Stephen...You are wrong...and probably intentionally.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/c

Connecticut
PLAYERTEAMPOSITION
Will BeattyNew York GiantsOffensive Tackle
Tyvon BranchOakland RaidersSafety
Donald BrownSan Diego ChargersRunning Back
Darius ButlerIndianapolis ColtsCornerback
Marcus EasleyBuffalo BillsWide Receiver
Dwayne GratzJacksonville JaguarsCornerback
Ryan GriffinHouston TexansTight End
Danny LansanahTampa Bay BuccaneersLinebacker
Scott LutrusIndianapolis ColtsLinebacker
Robert McClainAtlanta FalconsCornerback
Kashif MoorePittsburgh SteelersWide Receiver
Sio MooreOakland RaidersLinebacker
Dan OrlovskyDetroit LionsQuarterback
Kendall ReyesSan Diego ChargersDefensive End
Anthony ShermanKansas City ChiefsRunning Back
Yawin SmallwoodAtlanta FalconsLinebacker
Shamar StephenMinnesota VikingsDefensive Tackle
Donald ThomasIndianapolis ColtsGuard
Jordan TodmanJacksonville JaguarsRunning Back
Trevardo WilliamsHouston TexansLinebacker
Nick WilliamsWashington RedskinsWide Receiver
Lawrence WilsonChicago BearsLinebacker
Blidi Wreh-WilsonTennessee Titans

2...You have no idea what order FSU jerseys are being hung...with dozens of jerseys going up...and you have no idea where the hall is or how the jerseys are arranged...The first one in camera range is Stork's...soooo freekin' what?

3...The site is as accurate as can be through the last draft.

You want so badly to say anything negative about FSU...well, it is of little import. Suffice it to say that FSU is one of the teams that puts the most athletes into the NFL.

Reaction Score
You are nutty.....making up stuff because you dislike FSU so...

1...Of the 23 for Connecticut..Smallwood is listed, as is Stephen...You are wrong...and probably intentionally.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/c

Connecticut
PLAYERTEAMPOSITION
Will BeattyNew York GiantsOffensive Tackle
Tyvon BranchOakland RaidersSafety
Donald BrownSan Diego ChargersRunning Back
Darius ButlerIndianapolis ColtsCornerback
Marcus EasleyBuffalo BillsWide Receiver
Dwayne GratzJacksonville JaguarsCornerback
Ryan GriffinHouston TexansTight End
Danny LansanahTampa Bay BuccaneersLinebacker
Scott LutrusIndianapolis ColtsLinebacker
Robert McClainAtlanta FalconsCornerback
Kashif MoorePittsburgh SteelersWide Receiver
Sio MooreOakland RaidersLinebacker
Dan OrlovskyDetroit LionsQuarterback
Kendall ReyesSan Diego ChargersDefensive End
Anthony ShermanKansas City ChiefsRunning Back
Yawin SmallwoodAtlanta FalconsLinebacker
Shamar StephenMinnesota VikingsDefensive Tackle
Donald ThomasIndianapolis ColtsGuard
Jordan TodmanJacksonville JaguarsRunning Back
Trevardo WilliamsHouston TexansLinebacker
Nick WilliamsWashington RedskinsWide Receiver
Lawrence WilsonChicago BearsLinebacker
Blidi Wreh-WilsonTennessee Titans

2...You have no idea what order FSU jerseys are being hung...with dozens of jerseys going up...and you have no idea where the hall is or how the jerseys are arranged...The first one in camera range is Stork's...soooo freekin' what?

3...The site is as accurate as can be through the last draft.

You want so badly to say anything negative about FSU...well, it is of little import. Suffice it to say that FSU is one of the teams that puts the most athletes into the NFL.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a UConn site.

In your rush to say something bad about UConn, you tripped and smashed your face. I couldn't care less about FSU. No one said anything bad about it either. Look in the mirror and stop being a hypocrite.

I was obviously referring to the 23 players who were on teams last year and made rosters last year. Smallwood and Stephen haven't made any teams. Neither has Stork.

Your list above doesn't include Zach Hurd (Raiders IR last year) or Scott Lutrus (Colts IR last year). Maybe both don't make it this year, and maybe they retire from football, but regardless, they've had 2 or 3 years in the NFL. They are not on your list above. Players like Stork, Stephen and Smallwood have not made any NFL team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
4th Rounder Stork has signed his contract...$2.697 million over four years....with a $467,000 signing bonus....and is carried on the current roster as #66.

http://www.patriots.com/team/roster.html

Lutrus was not drafted but was signed as an UFA...signed by the Jags in August 2011 but released Sept 2. ...picked up by Rams & assigned to Rams practice squad...picked up by the Colts..played on special teams some in 2011...on injured reserve 2012 and then waived August 1, 2013.

Too bad that injury may cut short his career...it happens...but is it rough for a young guy who has played football for years.

Zach Hurd was another UFA...signed in 2011, played on practice squad...waived on injured reserve in 2012....has yet to see the field...maybe another young man who's injury may cut short a career.

Reaction Score
4th Rounder Stork has signed his contract...$2.697 million over four years....with a $467,000 signing bonus....and is carried on the current roster as #66.

http://www.patriots.com/team/roster.html

Lutrus was not drafted but was signed as an UFA...signed by the Jags in August 2011 but released Sept 2. ...picked up by Rams & assigned to Rams practice squad...picked up by the Colts..played on special teams some in 2011...on injured reserve 2012 and then waived August 1, 2013.

Too bad that injury may cut short his career...it happens...but is it rough for a young guy who has played football for years.

Zach Hurd was another UFA...signed in 2011, played on practice squad...waived on injured reserve in 2012....has yet to see the field...maybe another young man who's injury may cut short a career.

Sigh.

Signing a contract does not mean you make the team.

Do you want me to list all the draft picks that Belichick cuts each and every year?

Oh, and you missed Zach Hurd on the Raiders. We know he was cut by the Seahawks after the 2011-2012 season. He was picked up by the Raiders and was on the roster last year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People forget that we've had quite a few guys in the NFL over the years including:

Brian Kozlowski (Giants, Falcons, Redskins), 1993-2007
Pete Rostosky (Steelers), 1984-86
Nick Giaquinto (Dolphins, Redskins) 1980-83
Eric Torkelson (Packers), 1974-81
Bill Cooke (Packers, 49ners, Lions, Seahawks) 1975-1980

Anyone have a link to a definitive list?

Reaction Score
Sigh.

Signing a contract does not mean you make the team.

Do you want me to list all the draft picks that Belichick cuts each and every year?

Oh, and you missed Zach Hurd on the Raiders. We know he was cut by the Seahawks after the 2011-2012 season. He was picked up by the Raiders and was on the roster last year.

Stork is ON THE 2014 OFFICIAL ROSTER..as I linked.

Read my post again...didn't miss Hurd at all....he was not on the Raider's roster last year (2013).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/2013_roster.htm

Reaction Score
People forget that we've had quite a few guys in the NFL over the years including:

Brian Kozlowski (Giants, Falcons, Redskins), 1993-2007
Pete Rostosky (Steelers), 1984-86
Nick Giaquinto (Dolphins, Redskins) 1980-83
Eric Torkelson (Packers), 1974-81
Bill Cooke (Packers, 49ners, Lions, Seahawks) 1975-1980

Anyone have a link to a definitive list?
I don't have a definitive list but I have one addition to your list...Vin Clements, NY Giants (71-?). I know that he had at least one 100-yard rushing game.

Reaction Score

Read my post again...didn't miss Hurd at all....he was not on the Raider's roster last year (2013).

Do you watch the NFL?

Do you even realize that teams have 90 man rosters in training camp, where all and sundry try out for the team. In fact, New England has even had guys who never played football in college on the team. New England has had wrestlers and rugby players out there.

Jeez, it's like it's the first time you've ever heard of this. Do you really want me to list for you all the UConn players who were on such training camp rosters? (i.e. players who didn't stand a chance of making the NFL?)

You wrote Scott Lutrus was cut. Well, that happened less than a year ago. How in the world does he NOT count in all of this, but yet guys who are on the roster in training camp now do? That makes no sense.

There are 90 players in camp not including players on the PUP list. If you're going to count all these guys, then suddenly everyone's players balloon up. Moe Petrus for instance, he was cut in late August. Never made an NFL roster.

Reaction Score
I fully understand preseason rostering....

OK...But I link rosters.....Team rosters with Stork on it.

How about you linking any roster that has Lutrus on it for 2013...

Reaction Score
I fully understand preseason rostering....

OK...But I link rosters.....Team rosters with Stork on it.

How about you linking any roster that has Lutrus on it for 2013...

I could link to your own post I guess. You know, the post that showed Lutrus getting cut in August of 2013, which was less than a year ago. This time last year, Lutrus was on the Indy Colts roster.

pj

Reaction Score
I could link to your own post I guess. You know, the post that showed Lutrus getting cut in August of 2013, which was less than a year ago. This time last year, Lutrus was on the Indy Colts roster.

If all you are debating is whether to count 2013 or 2014 rosters, it seems like this argument could be much briefer.

Reaction Score
If all you are debating is whether to count 2013 or 2014 rosters, it seems like this argument could be much briefer.

The debate is whether being at training camp constitutes making the NFL. So, if we're to count the people at training camp thi year, we might as well count the ones at camp last year.

Reaction Score

He was not on the roster....if he was, you could link it...he was on injured reserve since 2012.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Michael Sam is on the Official St. Louis Rams roster, but there is a fair shot of him being cut. Players must sign a contract to practice. It's a rule of the profession. A reality of the profession is that non-guaranteed contracts are worth less than the paper on which they are printed. Ergo Contract =/= On the roster, incidentally, neither does practice squad or IR.

Stop arguing about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about this: Count the players on the Game Day Roster on the 9th game of the 1013 season.

No I did not cherry pick this date just made it up.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How about this: Count the players on the Game Day Roster on the 9th game of the 1013 season.

No I did not cherry pick this date just made it up.

My guess is that The Holy Roman Empire has a fair amount on the game day rosters, but The Muslims (new comers to D1) of the Middle East were very quickly populating those game day rosters. China had many as well, but being on the far coast, they really weren't noticed as much so the near coast. An underdog were The Umayyads of Spain. Not as many on game day rosters, but they had a great system with awesome facilities.

In The North, The Danes briefly over took the lead on game day rosters from England, claiming they were the new blue blood kings in London, but it only lasted for the 1013 season.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
He was not on the roster....if he was, you could link it...he was on injured reserve since 2012.

OK, so if he wasn't on the roster in camp, how in the world did they waive him? Usually you have to have someone on the team to waive him. Otherwise, you can't waive him. The main point still stands. There are many, many ex-UConn players who were IN training camps but who didn't stick on the rosters.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-in-nfl-training-camps.41864/page-4

Here's a thread from last year. Yay! UConn can count multiple players who weer in training camp but didn't make the team. They can count Michael Smith and Lawrence Wilson, apparently.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Here's a thread from last year. Yay! UConn can count multiple players who weer in training camp but didn't make the team. They can count Michael Smith and Lawrence Wilson, apparently.

Crazy to think how 'Bama is not a success in the league. That marijuana charge has really haunted him. I'm all for giving people a second chance (not 3rd or 4th), but this goes to show what happens when you squander the first chance.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
This NFL roster argument is ridiculous. FSU uses that wall as a recruiting tool (a very good idea). My guess is that they will not be very diligent in taking those jerseys down as players are cut (but will be quick to add those that are added). Any debate on whether that wall is accurate week to week is absurd as The Big10 and Pac12 merging (as one of the WVU twitter billies suggested).

pj

Reaction Score
This NFL roster argument is ridiculous. FSU uses that wall as a recruiting tool (a very good idea). My guess is that they will not be very diligent in taking those jerseys down as players are cut (but will be quick to add those that are added). Any debate on whether that wall is accurate week to week is absurd as The Big10 and Pac12 merging (as one of the WVU twitter billies suggested).

Yes, UConn should have a wall like that. And put it in our gameday university ads.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yes, UConn should have a wall like that. And put it in our gameday university ads.
I thought the football facility had a wall with the helmets of all of the NFL players. No??

pj

Reaction Score
I thought the football facility had a wall with the helmets of all of the NFL players. No??

I would expect it does. It's certainly a major selling point.

Reaction Score
This is an area where I think fresh leadership at the conference level would be helpful. Wake should be grateful that they have a place in the P5. UConn certainly has earned its place, even with a football program that only went to Div I-A late last century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom