Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
Davis is listed as #1 for 2011 not 2013. I think Drummond was #1 in 2012 until he committed to us in Aug. I'm sure @Chief00 can give us the accurate scoop.
you are correct. I was 1 year too far ahead for both of them. Those are the years they played at UConn and Kentucky, but players are part of the recruiting class of the year before their freshman year at the school.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Could McNeeley be the blueprint for future stars? Wait until the second half of your senior year so you can see which programs have a stable coaching staff, national championship cache, and an awareness of the chemistry of the team you are about to join and where you might fit in. Not to mention you have more time to solidify your NIL options.
Future stars with some common sense and maturity. Remember they are 17-18 year olds; there will always be a large group of kids who grab for the shiny object/big payday/attention.

Reaction Score
Davis is listed as #1 for 2011 not 2013. I think Drummond was #1 in 2012 until he committed to us in Aug. I'm sure @Chief00 can give us the accurate scoop.
When a guy commits in August for college in September, a year earlier than expected, you can throw the class rankings out the window since he was being rated in what turned out to be the wrong class.

Reaction Score
IIRC Anthony Davis was higher ranked.
Davis was ranked 1 in the class Drummond transferred into. But I believe Drummond was ranked 1 in the class he transferred out of.

Davis is and was a generational talent. Anyone who watched Kentucky and UConn in 2012 and thought Drummond was his equal would have been crazy. But if Drummond were born 10-15 years earlier, he'd be a first ballot HOFer. Despite massive minutes reduction in the last few years, he's still #33 all time in rebounds, and if he could stay on the floor would end somewhere in the Top 10 all time.

Reaction Score
NLI is signed. He's officially a Husky.

"Liam is one of the best players in high school basketball, and we are tremendously excited to add him to our UConn family," head coach Dan Hurley said. "He is blessed with elite skill and positional size, along with the championship pedigree that we so value at Connecticut. Liam has the potential to be a star here."

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I wasn't on the 3-peat train, until now :)

Reaction Score
This is such a big deal! I clearly remember Donyell who was also #9 and that was EPIC at the time. Still remember his first 3 point shot like it was yesterday. I can’t remember my anniversary………

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom