2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AJ Storr committed to Kansas so however much they were in on McNeely I assume that helps out the good guys

Don't believe Rylan Griffin has committed yet, but I believe they were the favorite to land him as well. Pretty nice and shiny haul in the portal for Self.

Believe I read we are the favorites to land McNeeley at this time.

DOOOOMED.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My working assumption is that every UConn fan on Twitter is just trolling. They could be tweeting about a cheeseburger they had for lunch and I'd still assume that to be true. Frankly, I'm pretty sure the odds are with me on that assumption.
If you are saying EVERY one then your assumption doesn’t hold water. If you say many, then it does.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you are saying EVERY one then your assumption doesn’t hold water. If you say many, then it does.
it may not hold true for any given post, but the odds probably favor me. We are a pretty sarcastic Twitter fanbase.

Reaction Score
Don't believe Rylan Griffin has committed yet, but I believe they were the favorite to land him as well. Pretty nice and shiny haul in the portal for Self.

Believe I read we are the favorites to land McNeeley at this time.

DOOOOMED.
Alabama is going to throw him every last NIL dollar they have. They scare me

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
it may not hold true for any given post, but the odds probably favor me. We are a pretty sarcastic Twitter fanbase.
We are. But how does that make every account a troll account?
if are putting odds you are saying that it can’t be Every.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Reading up on Liam McNeeley and he comes from a basketball family going way back. His mom sounds like an impressive person. She started a consulting business with her sister out of her home, she left that and ran marketing and communications for the George W. Bush Presidential Center. She came back to grow her consulting business to 20 employees all while raising her two children as a single mom. She also seems like a team mom type.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Reading up on Liam McNeeley and he comes from a basketball family going way back. His mom sounds like an impressive person. She started a consulting business with her sister out of her home, she left that and ran marketing and communications for the George W. Bush Presidential Center. She came back to grow her consulting business to 20 employees all while raising her two children as a single mom. She also seems like a team mom type.

He and his family are real deal basketball culture fits.

Reaction Score
Alabama is going to throw him every last NIL dollar they have. They scare me
I don't get scared of these convos anymore since UConn certainly puts forth competitive NIL packages but often isn't looking for kids where they have to be or are the highest bidder, but rather see the bigger picture of getting a decent financial package now but also getting some of if not the best coaching in the sport tied to winning and setting them up best for professional success where more money and for a longer period of time can foster.

If a kid is looking for the biggest NIL bag, that is there right, but it doesn't fit in with the culture Hurley has built in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I don't get scared of these convos anymore since UConn certainly puts forth competitive NIL packages but often isn't looking for kids where they have to be or are the highest bidder, but rather see the bigger picture of getting a decent financial package now but also getting some of if not the best coaching in the sport tied to winning and setting them up best for professional success where more money and for a longer period of time can foster.

If a kid is looking for the biggest NIL bag, that is there right, but it doesn't fit in with the culture Hurley has built in Storrs.
You’re correct, but no one knows what he is looking for. His mind might change real quick when we have $500k-$750k on the table and Bama comes in with $1.5M or something absurd. I’m like 51% confident he will make the right choice which will pay dividends down the line to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in the NBA. But $EC money talks

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We are. But how does that make every account a troll account?
if are putting odds you are saying that it can’t be Every.

Thank you.
Thus the functional phrase "working assumption."

Words mean things.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
With the departures of Tristen/Cam/Donovan and potential for Castle to "announce" soon--The NIL that will be freed up to be re-deployed towards returning players/portal acquisitions/recruits should provide some flexibility for our staff. Some of the schools/coaches in pursuit of Liam are throwing crazy NIL money around.

Liam comes from a great Family. We know that Danny won't engage in a wacky bidding war if that's what happens. We're selling culture-player development-winning championships for serious ball players that have strong and supportive parent(s).

This staff has an excellent track record with targets that come on campus for an OV. Big picture is bright for Liam in Storrs for all the right reasons. Like our chances.

Reaction Score
With the departures of Tristen/Cam/Donovan and potential for Castle to "announce" soon--The NIL that will be freed up to be re-deployed towards returning players/portal acquisitions/recruits should provide some flexibility for our staff. Some of the schools/coaches in pursuit of Liam are throwing crazy NIL money around.

Liam comes from a great Family. We know that Danny won't engage in a wacky bidding war if that's what happens. We're selling culture-player development-winning championships for serious ball players that have strong and supportive parent(s).

This staff has an excellent track record with targets that come on campus for an OV. Big picture is bright for Liam in Storrs for all the right reasons. Like our chances.
My only question mark here is why did he sign with Indiana in the first place? Nothing there demonstrates anything going well, other than them having money (Ballo). Woodson seems to be on the annual hot seat, they aren't winning. And most of the programs on his current list are the big NIL schools, not the best current programs.

Also, that money can be easily assumed to free up, but Hurley is also likely to have to up the anty with the returning players if he wants to retain. I don't think it's as simple as freeing up, as it's going to be distributed to returning players first and foremost in all likelihood.

Reaction Score
If NIL was a priority for LM then he probably wouldn't have decommitted from Indiana who just gave 1.2m to Ballo and has been slinging around some big NIL numbers with little results to back it up. Seems like that decision was made in large part because they wanted a better fit/winning culture.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If NIL was a priority for LM then he probably wouldn't have decommitted from Indiana who just gave 1.2m to Ballo and has been slinging around some big NIL numbers with little results to back it up. Seems like that decision was made in large part because they wanted a better fit/winning culture.
Still, I bet his new NIL is significantly higher than what he was getting.

Reaction Score
He decommitted from IU the day after Woodson got an extension. Maybe I’m naive but it seems like he may have watched IU this year and said “no way I’m playing for him.”

Reaction Score
He decommitted from IU the day after Woodson got an extension. Maybe I’m naive but it seems like he may have watched IU this year and said “no way I’m playing for him.”
Yeah which why I think Alabama being dismissed as a NIL only threat is kind of naive. They are one of the few teams that play offense at a level close to ours

Reaction Score
Yeah which why I think Alabama being dismissed as a NIL only threat is kind of naive. They are one of the few teams that play offense at a level close to ours
I agree. If it’s culture - you want UConn. If it’s high level offense - take your pick. If it’s NIL - probably adv bama.

Reaction Score

I have read an almost inexplicable number of times that the kid's mom loves Nate Oats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom