2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Things change really fast, but this is feeling like us versus Alabama at the moment. And if someone wants Alabama right now over us then it just wasn't meant to happen.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Things change really fast, but this is feeling like us versus Alabama at the moment. And if someone wants Alabama right now over us then it just wasn't meant to happen.
When UConn wins back to back titles, any kid who chooses another school over UConn is someone we are likely better off without. We are positioned to only want kids who want to be here.

I want McNeeley and I hope he is someone who values what Hurley brings to the table, but if he picks Alabama then in my opinion it is easy to accept that he wasn't the right fit.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not sure I like being his first visit, we know how that turned out with you know who.

Reminds me when I was preparing to sell my first house many years ago. In vetting potential listing agents, one agent begged to be the last one I spoke to, as odds were last is best.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not sure I like being his first visit, we know how that turned out with you know who.

Reminds me when I was preparing to sell my first house many years ago. In vetting potential listing agents, one agent begged to be the last one I spoke to, as odds were last is best.

Apples & oranges. Flagg was going to visit Duke, no matter what. I don't think whether he held that creepy baby before or after he visited UConn would've made any difference.

I think there's real value to being the clubhouse leader. And in this case, I don't think it's irrational to infer some enthusiasm about UConn from his decision to visit Storrs first.

There's always some recency bias, but the more important the decision, the more you're going to fully consider all of your options. No offense to realtors, but picking one isn't exactly a life-or-death decision.

Reaction Score

Just my $0.02 from what I've seen over the years, but...
  • Being the last visit usually gives you the best odds of landing that recruit.
  • Being the first visit on their schedule also gives you a chance to make it his first and last visit.
If a kid knows what he wants and everything seems to align, sometimes he knows he doesn't need to see anything else. The ones who are curious to see "who else can offer what" and try to leverage programs against each other, usually, if you do land them... they won't be around too long anyway. Don't let McNeeley off campus without a commitment. No info... but I think Hurley gets it done.

I think Liam legitimately wants to play for a winner, understands he will most likely play CBB for multiple years, and wants to push himself to become the best version of himself as a player. My own speculation, if the money is adequate... on the surface, everything adds up.

Reaction Score
Don't know why he'd just make up interest in Roach? And this obsession with Flagg has to stop.
Yeah UConn fans really need to let Flagg go. It's cringe level now.
You HAVE to stop going to twitter for any serious takes. No one on twitter actually cares about Flagg. They’re TROLLING.

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

Reaction Score
You HAVE to stop going to twitter for any serious takes. No one on twitter actually cares about Flagg. They’re TROLLING.

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
It's not just Twitter though, I see it on the boneyard too. I see quotes like "I know Cooper Flaggis regretting his decision" here all the time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I don't care if they're trolling. It makes us look pathetic and desperate.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's not just Twitter though, I see it on the boneyard too. I see quotes like "I know Cooper Flaggis regretting his decision" here all the time.
Trolling all the Duke fans perusing our board months after the commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom