Lets go party.... At the other school... | The Boneyard

Lets go party.... At the other school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
He's bringing new meaning to the phrase #partycrashers---> #partyplanners

I expect it will draw a bigger (of age) student section and no, I don't expect it to get out of control.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
He's bringing new meaning to the phrase #partycrashers---> #partyplanners

I expect it will draw a bigger (of age) student section and no, I don't expect it to get out of control.
Actually, based on something I read they're targeting adults.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
It is a beer and soda special on Thursday. $2 for either beverage, akin to happy hour.
The typical prices are quite a bit steeper.
Not a beer drinker, but I think the price is around $6.75. Sodas are like $5.25 and $6.00
He did have the wisdom to pick up the tab during "happy hour".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Louisville and Jeff have done a fabulous job of developing a strong following for WCBB in the community - as I recall they cleaned our clocks on attendance last year. So I applaud them for their effort and Jeff for this promo. If more schools devoted that kind of effort, maybe more WCBB programs would break even.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Louisville and Jeff have done a fabulous job of developing a strong following for WCBB in the community - as I recall they cleaned our clocks on attendance last year. So I applaud them for their effort and Jeff for this promo. If more schools devoted that kind of effort, maybe more WCBB programs would break even.

Maybe if we built statues instead of hung banners? I like this latest concept a lot. How about $1 shots of Jack Daniels? And if Stewie hits a 3, 50 cents for the next 2 minutes! And instead of throwing T shirts into the crowd they could be 24 ozers. 'Course, I did flunk my marketing course, so ;)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Coach McGuff @CoachMcGuff
I've been waiting for 20 years for my good friend @CoachJeffWalz to pick up the tab.. Now he's buying 2500 beers!http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9971134/jeff-walz-louisville-cardinals-buy-first-2500-beers-fans…

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe if we built statues instead of hung banners? I like this latest concept a lot. How about $1 shots of Jack Daniels? And if Stewie hits a 3, 50 cents for the next 2 minutes! And instead of throwing T shirts into the crowd they could be 24 ozers. 'Course, I did flunk my marketing course, so ;)
If people are hard on Stewie now think what that would be like.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Geno routinely gets a fan a semester's worth of books, gives away game consoles & does A LOT for the students who attend UCONN games. Why is that not publicized more?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well alcohol is a drug. Nothing wrong with that. Next up. If dispensing drugs is acceptable, maybe a program can hand out spliffs or a line of blow to the first 2500 fans.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well alcohol is a drug. Nothing wrong with that. Next up. If dispensing drugs is acceptable, maybe a program can hand out spliffs or a line of blow to the first 2500 fans.
No joke. In Colorado they're probably getting ready to offer free joints to the first 1.000 fans.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno routinely gets a fan a semester's worth of books, gives away game consoles & does A LOT for the students who attend UCONN games. Why is that not publicized more?
Yeah but ... he probably has yet to hit the 2000 fan mark with his gifts - going to have to keep coaching a long time to reach that! (Good idea - when he gives out his 2000th gift he can ride off into the sunset - time to add that clause into his next contract!)
I agree that Geno and Uconn have been doing a lot to promote student support, and fan support in general as their is usually a give away to a general audience member as well. And while some complain about not having sell-outs, Uconn is in the top five for attendance every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom