Lauren Hill Retires From Basketball | The Boneyard

Lauren Hill Retires From Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Seems like a really nice girl. Makes me sick that she can't be helped.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
it is a tragedy that she suffers from an incurable illness that has had garnered very little attention, investigation and research prior to her efforts to bring it to the fore. It then is a tragedy that she is forced to give up her game and everything else in her world because her life is coming to an end because of this illness.

In a heartfelt, thoroughly honest thank you letter that I and likely many others read through eyes blurred with tears, Alyssa Roenigk thanks Lauren for sharing her dream with vivid descriptions of meeting Lauren, and of that day when she made her dream come true. She also says "To date, you've earned more than $400,000 through your #Layup4Lauren campaign, which might more appropriately be called #Layup4EveryoneElse, given that it is future children who will benefit from your efforts. "

It is an incredible letter.

In conclusion, I just wish to say:

God speed little one. The world is a much better place with you in it. I only wish for you and for your family, friends, teammates and everyone you love to have peace. I have no other words. There are no other words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom