Lauren Engeln | The Boneyard

Lauren Engeln

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice article in Nan's links today on Engeln. She's enjoying Boston. Left on very good terms.

"I loved, loved, loved UConn," Engeln was saying Sunday from the media room at Boston College, where she is a starter. "But at the end of sophomore year I just wanted more. I love basketball. I worked so hard my whole life. I wanted more. I needed to find my way."

You could always tell she really wanted to be out on the floor. Good for her.

http://www.theday.com/article/20140128/SPORT01/301289966

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think we have a partial answer to the often posed question "Why doesn't everyone want to play for UConn?" Personally, if I was a B+ or A - level player, I would rather start for some other team, than sit on the bench for UConn.

Reaction Score
I think we have a partial answer to the often posed question "Why doesn't everyone want to play for UConn?" Personally, if I was a B+ or A - level player, I would rather start for some other team, than sit on the bench for UConn.

Interesting perspective. As a kid, I definitely would have wanted to play. As an adult, I'd rather be part of something bigger.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The essence of UConn's success as articulated by Lauren:

"They have a lot of talent, no question. But a lot of teams have talent," she said. "Honestly, it's the way coach Auriemma coaches them. The way he pushes each player. It's a whole other world."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The essence of UConn's success as articulated by Lauren:

"They have a lot of talent, no question. But a lot of teams have talent," she said. "Honestly, it's the way coach Auriemma coaches them. The way he pushes each player. It's a whole other world."
Reminds me of what Brianna Banks said when it went something like "I learned very quickly that my "hard" and their "hard" are two very different things." It's not just about pushing the player. It's about getting them to be better than they thought they could ever be, to find out what their maximum goals are (hoops-wise) and help them achieve it, to help them get ready to face the world if pro basketball is not in their future, and for them to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

Oh, and to be part of the best hoops family in the world - the UCONN women's basketball family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom