Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This can't be posted often enough:

"We’ve visited some schools that we can drive to. Don’t read anything to it. I don’t think (distance) is a priority for her. Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.” - Dennis Cox (Lauren's father)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
JMO on recruits and what they want. Everybody knows if you come to UConn your there because you want to win championships and right now it doesn't look like any team will threaten UConn. Playing on a team is more then just having talented players, top recruits and height to beat UConn. So when UConn comes knockin you have a choice. If you are willing to give up a year of starting to be developed beyond your highest expectations, and make a commitment to the coaching and training to be great then UConn can give you everything you've dreamed. Playing for UConn is a dream for the right person. At UConn you have a chance to do something special, to be somebody special but it takes work. Everything is there for you to succeed if you want it. Ive said this before. To do anything special in your life you must understand.

1. You will pay a huge price
2. you will pay it in advance
3. there are no guarantees.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One reason Lauren Cox was expected to go somewhere like Baylor, Texas, or even Stanford was due to her desire to play volleyball too. Well, things have changed.

Volleyball has helped with her hops (“I feel like I can jump a lot higher after volleyball season,” she said) and Cox considered playing both in college before recently deciding to focus on basketball.

She’s narrowed her college choices to a bakers dozen (13) but hasn’t set a timetable for when she’ll make her final decision. For now, she's focused on improving her game with the goal of playing in the Olympics and professionally after college acting as her primary motivation.

https://sicksports.com/_4987

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox' last game on 12/30:

24 points, 11 rebs, 6 assists, 8 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox' last two games:

22 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 blocks

25 points, 15 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks

Reaction Score
JMO on recruits and what they want. Everybody knows if you come to UConn your there because you want to win championships and right now it doesn't look like any team will threaten UConn. Playing on a team is more then just having talented players, top recruits and height to beat UConn. So when UConn comes knockin you have a choice. If you are willing to give up a year of starting to be developed beyond your highest expectations, and make a commitment to the coaching and training to be great then UConn can give you everything you've dreamed. Playing for UConn is a dream for the right person. At UConn you have a chance to do something special, to be somebody special but it takes work. Everything is there for you to succeed if you want it. Ive said this before. To do anything special in your life you must understand.

1. You will pay a huge price
2. you will pay it in advance
3. there are no guarantees.

A funny thing happened on my way to your post, Stanford U got in my head. Do you remember what they produced in the last 2-years?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox compiled a triple double Tuesday night (1/20) with 26 points, 17 rebounds, and 10 blocks.

Cox made her presence felt from the start, scoring Flower Mound’s first seven points and 11 of her club’s 13 first-quarter points. Matched up with Plano freshman Emma Halverson and dealt a slew of double and triple teams in the paint, Cox did the bulk of her damage off the right block, but was hardly limited to playing with her back to the basket.

It wasn’t uncommon to see the center gliding up the court leading and finishing a fast break for the Lady Jaguars, while also showcasing an improved shooting range. With 6:30 remaining in the second quarter, Cox drained a 3-pointer from the top of the key for a 16-8 lead.

Cox accounted for 22 points in the first half – after which Flower Mound led Plano, 27-13 – and either scored or assisted on all but two of the Lady Jaguars’ 27 points through two quarters. Her 26-point scoring total came in just three quarters of work before loosening the reins on the offensive end.

That didn’t mean Cox was any less threatening on defense, walling off Plano at every turn en route to double-digit blocks. With the Lady Wildcats’ offense predicated around Mitchell’s penetration, Cox snuffed out Plano’s star point guard in a hurry.

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_fdbaac6e-a12c-11e4-be73-8fa91165c6f1.html

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Turns out Cox may have been even better than that. This report says 32 points, 21 rebounds, 5 blocks:

The key perimeter shots supplemented a dominant game from Lauren Cox, who finished with 32 points, 21 rebounds and five blocks. The junior post scored 20 of her 32 in the second half on 7-of-9 shooting from the field. She also made 9-of-10 free throws as Flower Mound shot a season-high 82 percent from the stripe.

http://starlocalmedia.com/sports/br...cle_721fe78a-a38b-11e4-be68-a75047ef6bec.html

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Over her last 6 games Cox is averaging 28 points, 17 rebounds, and 6.7 blocks.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but don't we usually lose recruits that are ranked very high (Top 10ish) and take their time?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but don't we usually lose recruits that are ranked very high (Top 10ish) and take their time?
I don't think so but honestly it's more an impression than a set of facts.

Maya Moore took her time and came to UCONN. Elena Della Donne went out and visited 'nova and I think Duke and took her tike to select UCONN. I think Stewie took a few visits too - mabye Syracuse and Duke?

I think the kids who really favor UCONN from the get go are more likely to maintain. It's just that when recruiting kids like Wilson, Turner, and others, it's not like UCONN led from the outset and they had to overcome distance challenges among other things.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
A local radio Louisville talk show indicated she will be visiting Louisville on Sunday, February 8 vs. Pitt.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox is piling up one big scoring performance after another now.

33 points for her on Tuesday (2/3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69