Lauren Cox and U-19 US Team | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox and U-19 US Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox is the only uncommitted player on the U-19 team. UConn has 3 team members in Katie Lou, Napheesa and Crystal. Cal, Louisville, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Duke, Florida State, Illinois and South Carolina each have one. My impression of the three UConn commits is they are really easy to get along with and will make great team mates. Advantage UConn recruiting wise. The only possible negative I see is that Katie Lou and Lauren are both listed as forwards with somewhat similar games.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The only possible negative I see is that Katie Lou and Lauren are both listed as forwards with somewhat similar games.

Before you get umpteen responses, figured I'd let you know that Cox and KLS are very different types of players. It's not a perfect comparison, but think KML and Stef Dolson. Cox is a center though some would argue she's more of a big, versatile forward whereas KLS is a wing with some guard skills. The only player at UConn who would take up the same general space as Cox would be Natalie Butler.

Cox' choice will have huge ramifications since all the other teams involved are loaded with young and incoming talent.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Before you get umpteen responses, figured I'd let you know that Cox and KLS are very different types of players. It's not a perfect comparison, but think KML and Stef Dolson. Cox is a center though some would argue she's more of a big, versatile forward whereas KLS is a wing with some guard skills. The only player at UConn who would take up the same general space as Cox would be Natalie Butler.

Cox' choice will have huge ramifications since all the other teams involved are loaded with young and incoming talent.
I've read a lot she's a 5, but every video I've seen, she's a 4. But, at UCONN the 4 and 5 are pretty interchangeable anyway.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score

I don't agree, her game is closer to KLS than to Butler. Yes, KLS has a better perimeter game, but Cox is not a back to the basket center like Butler. Both Cox and KLS are tall and mobile.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
South Carolina and Louisville have possibly improved their position as Lauren will get first hand experience with Dawn and Jeff Walz to better understand their coaching style.

Reaction Score

Completely agree.

KLS and Lauren Cox have very different skill sets. To me, KLS is more of a guard/wing type player. Lauren looks to be more like Stewie.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Natalie Butler for 2 years & Morgan Tuck for 1 year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
but Cox is not a back to the basket center like Butler. Both Cox and KLS are tall and mobile.

While I agree with the last part you have to be the first person who I've seen who thinks Cox isn't a center in that mold. I've watched her play 20 times and I couldn't take a differing view of her game more. Having watched KLS play a lot too, I don't think they are similar at all. Lou is a guard-like perimeter shooter and slasher with a handle. Cox is a low-mid post center with excellent passing skills.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the last part you have to be the first person who I've seen who thinks Cox isn't a center in that mold. I've watched her play 20 times and I couldn't take a differing view of her game more. Having watched KLS play a lot too, I don't think they are similar at all. Lou is a guard-like perimeter shooter and slasher with a handle. Cox is a low-mid post center with excellent passing skills.

Agree... anybody who thinks Cox is like KLS has not seen her play much. When I have seen her play, her game looks more like Ruth Riley from Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Cox needs to go where she has the best fit and will grow the most?..........How many USC and Louisville players are in the WNBA?...

Reaction Score
Agree... anybody who thinks Cox is like KLS has not seen her play much. When I have seen her play, her game looks more like Ruth Riley from Notre Dame.

I agree, no similarities beyond being mobile big players. Regardless, they each use their mobility in different ways. Look at stats alone:

Cox (through 3 years in H.S.)
14 three pointers made, 18% 3FG
459 two pointers made, 47% 2FG
14.8 rebounds game
5.1 blocks per game

KLS (through four years in H.S.)

Reaction Score
KLS (through 4 years in H.S.)
115 three pointers made, 41% 3FG
206 two pointers made, 58% 2FG
8.6 rebounds per game
0.8 blocks per game

Their games are nothing alike, not only from watching them play and seeing two entirely different skill sets, but from seeing what type of shots they take and how heavy of rebounders they are and how often they use their size and strength on the low block defensively.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox is the only uncommitted player on the U-19 team. UConn has 3 team members in Katie Lou, Napheesa and Crystal. Cal, Louisville, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Duke, Florida State, Illinois and South Carolina each have one. My impression of the three UConn commits is they are really easy to get along with and will make great team mates. Advantage UConn recruiting wise. The only possible negative I see is that Katie Lou and Lauren are both listed as forwards with somewhat similar games.
how do we see this... and no other player could be?

Reaction Score
I can't see Cox getting out of Texas. We have our share of stars. As much as I would love to have her on the team, Baylor is in Texas and Texas is like a different country. She will never go to TN, Louisville, or SC. Notre Dame is always a competitor for a top prospect. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom