Last Nite WOW | The Boneyard

Last Nite WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All I can say is WOW. What a show. I guess I was wrong UConn wasn't rusty. UConn is explosive on both sides of the ball and a key is nothing seems to bother them. They run their sets and trust what theyre doing in their sets and its just a matter of time before the game is over almost before it starts. If last nite is any indication of what is to come and I do believe this team will get better with the freshman and Morgan Tuck getting more playtime and experience this just may be the Greatest Team UConn has ever had. It reminds me from a talent level of the team that lost Shea and Svet when Diana was a freshman. That team lost to ND in the FF with Shea and Svet on the bench with injuries.

It all starts with confidence, being unselfish and then defense and this team has it. This team has a terrific mindset. It also has so much talent its mindboggling. For opponents how do you defend UConn? You have to hope UConn has an off nite. You have right now 7 players who can put up numbers. As Ek Williams and Edwards gain more confidence and playtime they will be big contributors. When Eks shot starts falling it will not be raining treys it will be a Tsumani of treys.

A lot of questions answered last nite. The biggest is a healthy KML and Tuck. The question of Nurse and Tuck coming off the bench is crazy. How good is UConn with Nurse and Tuck coming in off the bench? Its crazy they are so good and will only get better over the next few weeks.

With about 9+ minutes left Geno brought in the freshman. Yes there were some mistakes and very evident on defense with UCD getting some easy baskets. Geno will fix that. You could see the talent of the freshman as they felt their way around in their first UConn game. A couple of hiccups in execution which has to be expected but they are really good. The biggest difference going forward is opponents will be starting freshman who will have hiccups and UConn wont????

Stanford will be Monday nite at 9 on ESPN 2. No worries about how to load you computer because its on TV. LOL This will be a good test as Stanford is ranked number 6 in the polls. I expect UConn to win this one big. My only regret is UConn doesn't have many early season home games. We have to wait for Monday against Creighton and then UConn is off to Florida. We are spoiled fans.

Reaction Score
All I can say is WOW. What a show. I guess I was wrong UConn wasn't rusty. UConn is explosive on both sides of the ball and a key is nothing seems to bother them. They run their sets and trust what theyre doing in their sets and its just a matter of time before the game is over almost before it starts. If last nite is any indication of what is to come and I do believe this team will get better with the freshman and Morgan Tuck getting more playtime and experience this just may be the Greatest Team UConn has ever had. It reminds me from a talent level of the team that lost Shea and Svet when Diana was a freshman. That team lost to ND in the FF with Shea and Svet on the bench with injuries.

It all starts with confidence, being unselfish and then defense and this team has it. This team has a terrific mindset. It also has so much talent its mindboggling. For opponents how do you defend UConn? You have to hope UConn has an off nite. You have right now 7 players who can put up numbers. As Ek Williams and Edwards gain more confidence and playtime they will be big contributors. When Eks shot starts falling it will not be raining treys it will be a Tsumani of treys.

A lot of questions answered last nite. The biggest is a healthy KML and Tuck. The question of Nurse and Tuck coming off the bench is crazy. How good is UConn with Nurse and Tuck coming in off the bench? Its crazy they are so good and will only get better over the next few weeks.

With about 9+ minutes left Geno brought in the freshman. Yes there were some mistakes and very evident on defense with UCD getting some easy baskets. Geno will fix that. You could see the talent of the freshman as they felt their way around in their first UConn game. A couple of hiccups in execution which has to be expected but they are really good. The biggest difference going forward is opponents will be starting freshman who will have hiccups and UConn wont????

Stanford will be Monday nite at 9 on ESPN 2. No worries about how to load you computer because its on TV. LOL This will be a good test as Stanford is ranked number 6 in the polls. I expect UConn to win this one big. My only regret is UConn doesn't have many early season home games. We have to wait for Monday against Creighton and then UConn is off to Florida. We are spoiled fans.
Tonyc, you left off at least one "really".

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony

Easy to be uncritically enthusiastic with the threes raining down
I noticed a few things that i'd like to confirm with subsequent viewings that might merit Geno's attention.
No big deal, nor unexpected.`

- I though Mo got off to a slightly slow start
- That the amazing success from the outside masked a bit of awkwardness in finding Kiah and in her return passes.
meaning the half-court O is still a little suspect
- (As noted by others) That the D against the three was late, especially at the beginning…good adjustments made.

- Positive…Gosh, even though she missed a few shots, Morgan was so open inside a few times (and didn't get the pass).
- Stewie made some amazing passes…one sling-shot to Kiah? was especially amazing.

If the game against Stanford is as uneventful as was this, i think our opponents are in for a long season.

Reaction Score
Tony

Easy to be uncritically enthusiastic with the threes raining down
I noticed a few things that i'd like to confirm with subsequent viewings that might merit Geno's attention.
No big deal, nor unexpected.`

- I though Mo got off to a slightly slow start
- That the amazing success from the outside masked a bit of awkwardness in finding Kiah and in her return passes.
meaning the half-court O is still a little suspect
- (As noted by others) That the D against the three was late, especially at the beginning…good adjustments made.

- Positive…Gosh, even though she missed a few shots, Morgan was so open inside a few times (and didn't get the pass).
- Stewie made some amazing passes…one sling-shot to Kiah? was especially amazing.

If the game against Stanford is as uneventful as was this, i think our opponents are in for a long season.

What I'm pleased about with MoJeff is taking 3's and knocking them down. Last year in ff and finals they left her wide open deliberate. This year I want her to decisively take the shot if she is deliberately being left open and knock it down. Thus they'll end up trying that on Chong/Nurse etc. ALso would like to see her finish in the lane more efficiently.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Some credit to UCD for playing really effect D in clogging the lane and the passing angles for entry thereto - down side of the strategy was they could not get to the arc quickly enough to challenge those shots.

And the offense that UCD was running (Princeton) was really well run - they didn't have the talent to finish or the height to challenge when the ball got inside, but they ran it crisply the whole game. Like the Uconn offense and Tara's and Muffet's offenses, it is a really hard offense to guard - so I wasn't that surprised that they were getting open shots - lots of screens, lots of back door cutting, and constant motion. We will see much more talented teams this year, but we will not see many teams that run their offense as well as UCD did.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Some credit to UCD for playing really effect D in clogging the lane and the passing angles for entry thereto - down side of the strategy was they could not get to the arc quickly enough to challenge those shots.

And the offense that UCD was running (Princeton) was really well run - they didn't have the talent to finish or the height to challenge when the ball got inside, but they ran it crisply the whole game. Like the Uconn offense and Tara's and Muffet's offenses, it is a really hard offense to guard - so I wasn't that surprised that they were getting open shots - lots of screens, lots of back door cutting, and constant motion. We will see much more talented teams this year, but we will not see many teams that run their offense as well as UCD did.

As much as I agree with this, I would like to caution that this team was outmatched by UConn, and we will see something very different come Monday against Stamford. As we have seen in other threads where the performances of the players of other teams are oft tempered with a running theme of "overmatched opponants". The situation is no different than this game against UC Davis. I love our team, I respect Geno and his teaching, and I believe that the women are very very talented. However, I am anxious to see how well they do against more comparably talented teams.

On a side note, I really like this UC Davis coach, and I am hoping that she is able to add some solid talent in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom