Last Night | The Boneyard

Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don't have time to run through all the posts about last night, so I'm sorry if this repeats stuff. First game I got to go to all year. I totally don't get the lack of attempts to get Goodwin fouled out. He had 4 fouls at the 12 something mark. He didn't sit one minute. On top of that, they had 7 team fouls at about the 8 minute mark. I believe they had only one more foul the rest of the way. Both of those foul situations could have been exploited. Yes, Memphis was making penetration difficult, but when DHam is in the game, his combo with AB forces defenses to pick their poison and somewhere along the way and one of them will be fouled, if not by Goodwin, then at least the fouls mount up.

I noticed a thread title about Hamilton passing up open shots. This might seem inconsistent with my first paragraph, but he must have passed up 4-5 wide open 3s or long 2s and we wound up with horrible shots at the end of the possession. And it wasn't all that early in the possessions when he didn't shoot. Who shoots wide open 3s? Guest and Samuel. He should take those shots, especially in a game where RB and RP are being bottled up so well.

Someone has to explain to me what = traveling.

Last thing. I heard the Goodwin's post game radio interview. Maybe it's not good to like the guy who just beat you, but he comes across great.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
A couple of things about Goodwin:

1) They changed his 4th foul to someone else, so he was only playing with 3. I was at Gampel and we were all confused why he was still playing with 4 fouls and so much time left, but then we saw the scoreboard reflect the change to just 3 fouls, so it made sense. I'm shocked Patrick and Elmore weren't on top of that, shocked I tell you!

2) I heard his post game interview too. It was fantastic. He seems like a really great kid.

Reaction Score
Agreed. When I take off my blue-tinted glasses, I have nothing but respect for Goodwin. Good player and a great person. Other players on Memphis, not so much...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah Goodwin's one of the few guys I like on Memphis.

Reaction Score
A couple of things about Goodwin:

1) They changed his 4th foul to someone else, so he was only playing with 3. I was at Gampel and we were all confused why he was still playing with 4 fouls and so much time left, but then we saw the scoreboard reflect the change to just 3 fouls, so it made sense. I'm shocked Patrick and Elmore weren't on top of that, shocked I tell you!

2) I heard his post game interview too. It was fantastic. He seems like a really great kid.

Yes, they changed inexplicably too. Goodwin hammered Amida on that play it could have been no one else? But he is a good guy, would be a much better player in a system coached by someone else!

Reaction Score
Only good thing that came out of last night to me was that, based on recent games with Memphis and the amt of yapping/chippiness, I do think we've found our 'rival.'

Reaction Score
Only good thing that came out of last night to me was that, based on recent games with Memphis and the amt of yapping/chippiness, I do think we've found our 'rival.'

The only good thing about "last night" is they didn't play! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom