Lamb - The Breakdown | The Boneyard

Lamb - The Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Going forward I plan to only provide breakdowns on current players - but since this has been requested/offered (and I have been reminded I haven't provided yet) I will make an exception. However, it will be brief due to me traveling and typing on my phone.

Quite frankly, Jeremy plays great in a free flowing game with a point guard who knows his spots and capabilities. The defensive scouting report on Jeremy is to play him physical and get up under him and keep it a half court game.

Jeremy is a good outside shooter with also a nice floater and given his length and release both shots are hard to block. While a good shooter, he hasn't developed the scoring consistency desired. Now I will give an opinion - I think Jeremy needs to be an option in an offense but not the leading one - in OKC he was not an option at all. He played well with Kemba since he did not have to lead but yet was in the top 3 options. In 2012 when we needed more from Jeremy teams played him physical and denied him the ball. He did not do the things necessary to get the officials attention to draw the fouls and counter the strategy. At the NBA level he has the talent to be in a 8 man rotation most likely coming off the bench to score or possibly starting as a 2 guard on a weaker team.

Jeremy has always had a good ability to rebound when he is playing engaged due to his long reach and quick instinct toward the ball. I think it's fair to say at the NBA level he may be viewed as a defensive liability because some guys out muscle him or he plays defense too high against the quicker guys. But, it may be considered more a question of will and focus to stop the other guy. His quickness, length, jumping ability are all reasons why there is some defensive talent there. My guess is OKC would have liked to have seen him get significantly stronger during his stay there to improve his defense.

I have never heard of any off court issues with Lamb - and while quiet he always was well liked - other than maybe some frustration that he did not play defense harder - but that's really an on court issue.

Bottom-line, I think he can be successful on his new team - especially if he works hard on the items identified above. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom