Lagow offer status | The Boneyard

Lagow offer status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just curious, did anyone see Lagow's status on Scout. It no longer says he has an offer from UConn. Is this just a discrepancy for this current situation or the reason he has not committed yet?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its gone. wether he was really sick and just didn't understand how signing days works or he was actually looking around and tryin to yank the staff doesn't matter. move on. we got 2 qbs and a nice class.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
its gone. wether he was really sick and just didn't understand how signing days works or he was actually looking around and tryin to yank the staff doesn't matter. move on. we got 2 qbs and a nice class.

I agree that we have two QB's and a nice class, but does it really mean that he no longer has an offer?

I have no idea how an LOI really works, but I keep hearing about a certain amount of days that a university has to honor the letter. Is that true? Well, if the Scout thing is true, then the answer would obviously be "no", but I'm curious as well...

Reaction Score
I agree that we have two QB's and a nice class, but does it really mean that he no longer has an offer?

I have no idea how an LOI really works, but I keep hearing about a certain amount of days that a university has to honor the letter. Is that true? Well, if the Scout thing is true, then the answer would obviously be "no", but I'm curious as well...

That may well be true, but if the coaching staff felt they were d*cked around, they could basically tell him, "Sure, you can come here, but you'll never get a chance to play or show off your talent if you do." Which would technically be within the rules but probably prevent him from moving his entire life across the country.

Not saying they did that, but I suppose it's possible.

Reaction Score
K. Lagow mentioned in one of his posts that they had 20 days from signing day to make a decision. Is this true or was he misinformed?

Reaction Score
I noticed Scout changed his offer status on Thursday the 7th. Lagow was saying via twitter that UConn was still an option on Friday the 8th. I doubt he'd be saying that if the offer was pulled. I think Scout made a wrong assumption.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I doubt he is signing. If a BCS program were interested, you would have heard about campus visits and probably would have been offered by now. These things move fast.

I am assuming they haven't received a top offer yet and are hoping one drops out of the sky which means they don't want to come here.

I don't blame them in the least. Even the top recruiting schools don't offer multiple rated QB's. 'Bama isn't signing two 5-stars at the position in one class.

Usually the second QB in a class is a project or can fill some specific role elsewhere if he doesn't beat the primary QB recruit. Both these guys are rated in the top 40. It makes sense for them not to want to compete, but I'd still like Lagow's chances to win the job.

If he likes UConn as much as he says he does, he should sign here and compete. If either can't win our QB job, then they probably aren't seeing the field at another BCS school anyway.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
"Sure, you can come here, but you'll never get a chance to play or show off your talent if you do." Which would technically be within the rules but probably prevent him from moving his entire life across the country. Not saying they did that, but I suppose it's possible.
Possible, but what's the likelihood of coaches with a clue entirely blowing existing or possible coaching relationships ... ?

pj

Reaction Score
I don't blame them in the least. Even the top recruiting schools don't offer multiple rated QB's. 'Bama isn't signing two 5-stars at the position in one class.

Usually the second QB in a class is a project or can fill some specific role elsewhere if he doesn't beat the primary QB recruit. Both these guys are rated in the top 40. It makes sense for them not to want to compete, but I'd still like Lagow's chances to win the job.

Nonsense. Top schools bring in two highly rated QBs all the time. Sometimes one is lower rated, but again, stars are not totally trustworthy. If Bama is bringing a guy in, they believe he has potential to become a starter.

Just looking around the SEC this year and using 247 composite ratings:

Connecticut Tim Boyle PRO 0.8625; (Richard Lagow PRO 0.8272); Kivon Taylor ATH 0.7000 (unrated everywhere)

Alabama Cooper Bateman PRO 0.9623; Parker McLeod PRO 0.8435
Arkansas Austin Allen PRO 0.8950; Damon Mitchell DUAL 0.8333
Auburn Jeremy Johnson PRO 0.9273 ... prior year had 2 QBs 0.8982 and 0.8634
Florida Max Staver PRO 0.8472
Georgia Bruce Ramsay PRO 0.9518
Kentucky Reese Phillips PRO 0.7991
LSU Hayden Rettig PRO 0.9311; Anthony Jennings PRO 0.9135
Mississippi Ryan Buchanan PRO 0.9005; Devonte Kincaid DUAL 0.8894
Miss St Cord Sandberg DUAL 0.9071; Damian Williams DUAL 0.8218
Missouri Trent Hosick DUAL 0.8841; Eddie Printz PRO 0.8609
South Carolina Connor Mitch PRO 0.8866 ... prior year had 2 QBs 0.8731 and unrated
Tennessee Joshua Dobbs PRO 0.9276; Riley Ferguson PRO 0.8741
Texas A&M Kohl Steward PRO 0.9267; Kenny Hill DUAL 0.9090
Vanderbilt Johnathan McCrary DUAL 0.8839; Chad Kanoff PRO 0.8647

Out of 14 SEC teams, 8 had 2 QBs with both QBs rated higher than Rich Lagow; 1 had 2 QBs with the second QB rated only a whisker lower than Rich Lagow; 2 had 1 highly rated QB a year after taking 2 QBs; 3 had 1 QB in each of the last two years, but with the exception of Kentucky this year, all were rated higher than Rich Lagow.

It is certainly not abnormal in high-level college football to have a class with two highly rated QBs, even if they are both PRO style QBs.

Given UConn's situation where QBs from early classes have transferred or failed to develop and the roster is short of scholarship QBs, it's entirely appropriate for UConn to seek a 2 QB class, and to seek the highest rated QBs they can obtain.

Reaction Score
The Lagows really love Connecticut and UConn. How this will go down? I have no idea. It doesn't seem to be over yet.

Reaction Score
Article on tos says he has contact from arizona st, West Virginia, and a couple of sun belt/conf USA teams. ASU lost their only QB commit to Tennessee on signing day, so they may be the frontrunner if he goes elsewhere.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nonsense. Top schools bring in two highly rated QBs all the time. Sometimes one is lower rated, but again, stars are not totally trustworthy. If Bama is bringing a guy in, they believe he has potential to become a starter.

Just looking around the SEC this year and using 247 composite ratings:

Connecticut Tim Boyle PRO 0.8625; (Richard Lagow PRO 0.8272); Kivon Taylor ATH 0.7000 (unrated everywhere)

Alabama Cooper Bateman PRO 0.9623; Parker McLeod PRO 0.8435
Arkansas Austin Allen PRO 0.8950; Damon Mitchell DUAL 0.8333
Auburn Jeremy Johnson PRO 0.9273 ... prior year had 2 QBs 0.8982 and 0.8634
Florida Max Staver PRO 0.8472
Georgia Bruce Ramsay PRO 0.9518
Kentucky Reese Phillips PRO 0.7991
LSU Hayden Rettig PRO 0.9311; Anthony Jennings PRO 0.9135
Mississippi Ryan Buchanan PRO 0.9005; Devonte Kincaid DUAL 0.8894
Miss St Cord Sandberg DUAL 0.9071; Damian Williams DUAL 0.8218
Missouri Trent Hosick DUAL 0.8841; Eddie Printz PRO 0.8609
South Carolina Connor Mitch PRO 0.8866 ... prior year had 2 QBs 0.8731 and unrated
Tennessee Joshua Dobbs PRO 0.9276; Riley Ferguson PRO 0.8741
Texas A&M Kohl Steward PRO 0.9267; Kenny Hill DUAL 0.9090
Vanderbilt Johnathan McCrary DUAL 0.8839; Chad Kanoff PRO 0.8647

Out of 14 SEC teams, 8 had 2 QBs with both QBs rated higher than Rich Lagow; 1 had 2 QBs with the second QB rated only a whisker lower than Rich Lagow; 2 had 1 highly rated QB a year after taking 2 QBs; 3 had 1 QB in each of the last two years, but with the exception of Kentucky this year, all were rated higher than Rich Lagow.

It is certainly not abnormal in high-level college football to have a class with two highly rated QBs, even if they are both PRO style QBs.

Given UConn's situation where QBs from early classes have transferred or failed to develop and the roster is short of scholarship QBs, it's entirely appropriate for UConn to seek a 2 QB class, and to seek the highest rated QBs they can obtain.

So glad you think UConn has SEC recruiting status. It bodes well that we know RL won't be signing with an SEC school.

Bama is its own class and those QBs are not close. There is a clear 1/2. That they are on a different ratings plane than Lagow isn't relevant.

Same for Tenn and Miss St. The #1 guy knows it's his to lose and the #2 guy knows he'll get a shot.

Ark had a coaching change and one is a read option QB.

Auburn, Florida, UGA, SCar, and Kentucky only had one QB in there class.

Miss, Mizzou, TAMU, Vandy all have read option guys as their 2nd QB.

The only comparable Pro style competition is LSU. And if you think that fighting for the prize of being LSU's QB is equal in value to the prize of being UConn's QB, then we are using different datums.

Reaction Score
I doubt he is signing. If a BCS program were interested, you would have heard about campus visits and probably would have been offered by now. These things move fast.

I am assuming they haven't received a top offer yet and are hoping one drops out of the sky which means they don't want to come here.

If he likes UConn as much as he says he does, he should sign here and compete. If either can't win our QB job, then they probably aren't seeing the field at another BCS school anyway.

Article on tos says he has contact from arizona st, West Virginia, and a couple of sun belt/conf USA teams. ASU lost their only QB commit to Tennessee on signing day, so they may be the frontrunner if he goes elsewhere.

Looks like he will have options. Hope he still favors UConn, but optimism is fading.

Reaction Score
Nothing on his twitter has UConn in it as was said in his other thread. His avi was basically all UConn and its all gone and his background was all UConn and its all gone. Also his bio has no UConn in it so I would say that it's over between UConn and him.

Reaction Score
I wish Lagow nothing but the best. The kid was very enthusiastic about UCONN, and was a great ambassador for the program. He is 18 years old. 18 year olds sometimes make odd, rash decisions. I am not holding it against him. Hope he has success wherever he goes. Except against UCONN should their paths cross.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im going to say it 1 more time here for it to sink in no matter how much a couple here reach. lagow either was actually sick and didn't understand how signing day worked or he was really looking around. either way he didn't get his paper in or a phone call in and the result of that wa sthe staff landed 2 other qbs and filled the class. i am very happy with this class. i wish lagow the best.

several other southern school will have open slots soon once they figure out whose leaving. he will fill one late an sign or he has the option to prep also. he will be fine and become a good player.

can we move on now????

Reaction Score
WVU? So much for factoring in the quality of his college education into the equation. But, wish him well wherever he goes.

Let's move on, nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
His family and friends will get to see him plenty of times by him going to WVU. Can't blame him if he goes there.

Reaction Score
Wish him well. Can't remember when they had a QB with his type of skill set.

Reaction Score
His family and friends will get to see him plenty of times by him going to WVU. Can't blame him if he goes there.
Is he goin to go there because they already took a qb in this class. I thought that was an issue for him

Reaction Score
Is he goin to go there because they already took a qb in this class. I thought that was an issue for him
I have no idea. Didn't ask and not going to ask.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If he goes to WVU then education isn't a top priority for him.

Reaction Score
He still has an offer and is welcome at UConn. Whether he comes here or not is entirely up to him, though I suspect the young man is struggling with some difficult decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom