Lady Vols/Chattanooga | The Boneyard

Lady Vols/Chattanooga

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Free TV at the Lady Vols site: that nice.

The game: same old, same old
32 all at the half.

The athletically challenged Chattanooga woman can hit the occasional 3 and pick and roll to the hoop

Tennessee gets much of its points with clean ups due to their huge size advantage.
What's new?

Can you imagine being tied with Hartford at the half?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Watched the first few minutes of the second half. Ugly, ugly basketball.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tennessee pulling away now. The bully syndrome is kicking in.

Let by the emotional Simmons, who acts like it's an NCAA game after every good play.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tennessee by 20, nothing to write home about.
Mercedes misses half of her layups and all her foul shots
but Massengale hitting her outside shots, two games in a row now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hate to jump in on a thread with a "who cares" post, but I'd expect UConn fans to care as much about Tenn-Chattanooga as LV fans would care about UConn-Hartford. If Tennessee is playing another top 15-caliber team, I'd have a lot more interest.

Reaction Score
I hate to jump in on a thread with a "who cares" post, but I'd expect UConn fans to care as much about Tenn-Chattanooga as LV fans would care about UConn-Hartford. If Tennessee is playing another top 15-caliber team, I'd have a lot more interest.

It was tied at halftime so I believe that is why it was posted. If Tennessee was winning by 20 I presume nothing would be said. If we were tied with Hartford at halftime I bet the Summitt would have a thread too.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I thought the early foul calls three in first time Catt had the ball. That was part of the reason for the slow start. I thought Russell had her best game so far and Reynolds too.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Well, they are #3 in the country so it was interesting when it was 32-30 at the half.

After that, its "who cares".

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
So we're comparing Hartford to Chattanooga? There's a reason Chattanooga has AP votes in the Top 25..they are a great mid major team. I don't think Tennessee has become that elite team they used to be quite yet, so I'll be happy to take these 20+ point wins over good quality teams.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It was tied at halftime so I believe that is why it was posted. If Tennessee was winning by 20 I presume nothing would be said. If we were tied with Hartford at halftime I bet the Summitt would have a thread too.
strangely their restraint is a lil stronger over there, I wouldnt bet ON it

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Don't forget who is coaching at Chattanooga, IIRC it is Foster.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hartford is definitely not the correct comparison to make. UCONN beat Stanford by about 20. Tennessee beat Chattanooga by about 20. Standford is a top 5-7 team. Chattanooga is getting a few votes and is probably in the top 30-40. End of argument. You're welcome.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"strangely their restraint is a lil stronger over there, I wouldnt bet ON it"

You subscribe to that trash?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hartford is definitely not the correct comparison to make. UCONN beat Stanford by about 20. Tennessee beat Chattanooga by about 20. Standford is a top 5-7 team. Chattanooga is getting a few votes and is probably in the top 30-40. End of argument. You're welcome.

Louisville winning by 21, about the same margin, but beating a team ranked 14, not just getting a couple odd votes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Were those Chattanooga regional votes? If so, that might explain the oddness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom