KO 2014-15 end of season exit interview | The Boneyard

KO 2014-15 end of season exit interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Interesting no mention of captain Brimah.
Very interesting when you take into account his lack of production and slight dip in minutes over the last few games of the season.. AZ state in particular. Not worried about Brimah though, the kid loves the game and obviously wants to get better when you see the enthusiasm he plays with.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Brimah has zero off season last year nursing his shoulder after surgery. He did not make as big of strides as some of us had hoped but now that he will assume even more of a leadership responsibility this year, I look for him to have that big leap. Maybe not as good as Hasheem junior year good but a much improved Brimah on both ends of the court.

I just want his court awareness to improve so he can actually be playing minutes rather than sitting next to the coaching staff strapped with foul trouble

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Brimah has zero off season last year nursing his shoulder after surgery. He did not make as big of strides as some of us had hoped but now that he will assume even more of a leadership responsibility this year, I look for him to have that big leap. Maybe not as good as Hasheem junior year good but a much improved Brimah on both ends of the court.

I just want his court awareness to improve so he can actually be playing minutes rather than sitting next to the coaching staff strapped with foul trouble

Hopefully someone is on the court working with him on his low post moves everyday. There are a few holes in his game in need of development but his back to the basket game is what needs the most improvement IMO. The added depth of Miller and Enoch will prove to be immense. We were so thin this past season with just Brimah PN KF and RL with Hamilton also playing four out of necessity. None of them could create their own scoring other than the occasional Brimah 12-16 foot jumper. Hoping he and KF make big strides and Miller and Enoch can come in and contribute/compete right away. All this should only help fuel Brimah's production.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Hopefully someone is on the court working with him on his low post moves everyday. There are a few holes in his game in need of development but his back to the basket game is what needs the most improvement IMO. The added depth of Miller and Enoch will prove to be immense. We were so thin this past season with just Brimah PN KF and RL with Hamilton also playing four out of necessity. None of them could create their own scoring other than the occasional Brimah 12-16 foot jumper. Hoping he and KF make big strides and Miller and Enoch can come in and contribute/compete right away. All this should only help fuel Brimah's production.
He needs to add some strength to improve his low block game. He actually has some moves down there but he got bullied off the block and out of position too often. His offensive game needs to expand from alley oops and put backs. He has the stroke the build off of, that's for sure

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"You have to play with an uncontrollable rage" Love it. Especially that you have to maintain it in the practicies and workouts.

Reaction Score

Agree. If he can hit the weights over the spring and summer and improve his core strength, that will be a huge plus that I hope translates to less fouls and more rebounds. Not being able to be moved off the blocks will help reduce the fouls. Just being about to be bumped around he often gets 1 to 2 calls against him that probably aren't fouls but look like ones when the space between him and the player he's defending collide. If he can hold his ground when the ball goes up and stay in good balance and rebounding position will really help. Unfortunately, two areas that will only come with experience and discipline gained during real games is to not go for as many blocks and rather hold sound defensive position, and to not bring his arms down and pick up silly fouls.

Players tend to show their greatest improvement between their sophomore and junior seasons, and I expect that from Brimah.

Reaction Score
Agree. If he can hit the weights over the spring and summer and improve his core strength, that will be a huge plus that I hope translates to less fouls and more rebounds. Not being able to be moved off the blocks will help reduce the fouls. Just being about to be bumped around he often gets 1 to 2 calls against him that probably aren't fouls but look like ones when the space between him and the player he's defending collide. If he can hold his ground when the ball goes up and stay in good balance and rebounding position will really help. Unfortunately, two areas that will only come with experience and discipline gained during real games is to not go for as many blocks and rather hold sound defensive position, and to not bring his arms down and pick up silly fouls.

Players tend to show their greatest improvement between their sophomore and junior seasons, and I expect that from Brimah.

The typical player shows their greatest improvement between their sophomore and junior seasons. Players like him are late bloomers IMO. Everyone talks about his lack of weight and core strength as his biggest problem (and they definitely are). I think its his lack of court awareness is his biggest problem. Unfortunately, I do not think this offseason alone is gonna fill in the missing links. But by his senior year, with 2 full offseasons to work on his physique and get the ingame training he needs...could be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom