KML watch: career three-pointers made | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KML watch: career three-pointers made

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
In the upcoming blowouts, if KML shoots 3's in limited minutes like she did last night (5), then she should have a comfortable cushion to offset any 'off' games. I see her cruising to the record regardless of the limited minutes. If Morgan Eye gets hot too, then KML may not be able to keep up with her. But if I were betting (is there a prop bet in Vegas on this?) then I'd go with KML getting the record.
j66 , I hope you're right. Either way , KML is blowing away the UConn record and making a name for herself in the national record book.

Reaction Score
j66 , I hope you're right. Either way , KML is blowing away the UConn record and making a name for herself in the national record book.
With potentially 21 games to go, she needs to average 2.9 3's per game to equal the record. This is slightly under her current average this season of 3.0 per game, so she's a little more than on pace. We have 12 more AAC games where I expect her to pad the average a little, and then potentially 9 post-season games where who knows what will happen. IMO the only thing that would keep her from getting there is an unexpected tournament loss, limiting the total # games.

Reaction Score
My bet is that the race would be very close up till NCAA tournament. Ms Eye might lead, getting close to the record and there is a slight chance that she might break the record first in the first or second round of the tournament before her team loses out, And then KML will retake the lead and write her name in the record book...

Reaction Score
Based on your numbers and looking at the box scores for Morgan Eye since then I show her with an active total as of this morning of 334 to KML's 331. Since your post Morgan has gone 9-29

Ms, Eye and KML each scored 3 3-pnt today, 337-334

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K has taken the team lead in shooting threes, at .518. Moriah is at .510. The team is at a very good .411.

K is also back to # 2 in scoring, at 14.7 ppg.

Reaction Score
Ms, Eye and KML each scored 3 3-pnt today, 337-334
Missouri probably has 11 or 12 games left (vs 20 for KML most likely). Improbable that Morgan Eye gets to 392 or finishes ahead of Kaleena.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Missouri probably has 11 or 12 games left (vs 20 for KML most likely). Improbable that Morgan Eye gets to 392 or finishes ahead of Kaleena.
I tend to agree. Mizzou is only 11-8 and seems unlikely to even make the NCAA's. However they might make the NIT so she will have a chance at post season play. Of course, UCONN should likely easily win the AAC while I don't see Mizzou making it past the first round of the SEC tourney...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I tend to agree. Mizzou is only 11-8 and seems unlikely to even make the NCAA's. However they might make the NIT so she will have a chance at post season play. Of course, UCONN should likely easily win the AAC while I don't see Mizzou making it past the first round of the SEC tourney...
I was thinking the WNIT is possible for Mizzou and Morgan Eye.

Reaction Score
Sad to say... but with UCONN's upcoming competition, I see limited minutes for KML... 20 per game if that... but, she has been able to get open easier and sink the three ball. In the last three games she is average 4 a game. So.... if she can do 4 a game x 21 games that would be nice ;)

But lets not forget this is also the same KML who hit 10 to start the season... had 7 against Duke last year after missing all that time... She might have a game where she goes for 10 easily

Reaction Score
Sad to say... but with UCONN's upcoming competition, I see limited minutes for KML... 20 per game if that... but, she has been able to get open easier and sink the three ball. In the last three games she is average 4 a game. So.... if she can do 4 a game x 21 games that would be nice ;)

But lets not forget this is also the same KML who hit 10 to start the season... had 7 against Duke last year after missing all that time... She might have a game where she goes for 10 easily
I'm looking for a couple of those "10" games, which will ice it. Suspect Geno will cooperate.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
For the record, I love that this thread has endured without me.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the WNIT is possible for Mizzou and Morgan Eye.
Ironically, KML's biggest impediment to the record is not Eye, but the other Morgan, ours. It has just become too easy to dump the ball into Tuck for the automatic two.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ironically, KML's biggest impediment to the record is not Eye, but the other Morgan, ours. It has just become too easy to dump the ball into Tuck for the automatic two.
Though the broadcasters noted Geno's comment on this being an awful passing team, they pass the ball pretty well. And K is one of the best passers. The offense often breaks down when she is not on the floor. I liked her aggressiveness yesterday. For the second game in a row, she had more points than minutes. Certainly, she has found her stroke.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K was 2-3 today. It helps her percentage, but she needs to shoot more.

Reaction Score
KML at 341 for career. Assuming all of her potential 17 remaining games, she needs exactly 3 per game to tie the record at 392. +1 to break it. Suspect she will get more minutes in the last 4 tourney games, but would be nice to have one of those games with 10 or so 3's in the meantime.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML at 341 for career. Assuming all of her potential 17 remaining games, she needs exactly 3 per game to tie the record at 392. +1 to break it. Suspect she will get more minutes in the last 4 tourney games, but would be nice to have one of those games with 10 or so 3's in the meantime.
How about 7-10 v. Memphis. And v. SC. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Since KML missed one game, she's been averaging 3.05 treys in games she's played this season. It's looking like an inevitability that she'll get more than 100 again and surpass Wendy Davis's previous single-season record again. At that point, she'd definitely be in range of 392.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan Eye got to 342 on Feb. 5. She has 6 regular-season games and 1-9 post-season games. I think 392 is out of reach for her. She needs her team to go deep into the conference tourney and NCAA or WNIT. I think 10 games is optimistic; she would need 5 per game to get to 392.

Kaleena has 341, per my calculations. She has 8 regular-season games and up to 9 post-season games. Most of us think she'll have 17 more career games. If she averages 3.0 per, she will tie the record of 392. I'd love to see her get to 400. That would be an awesome milestone. And a challenge for the current Mater Dei sharpshooter. :)

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Up to 72 for the season and 349 for her college career. In other words, 43 from Laurie Koehn. It's now a very real possibility for KML. She "only" needs to get three treys a game.

And if she can show up in big games like against South Carolina, well, I hope we have more big games. UConn will win, and KML will chase personal history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom