KLS Named to USA 3 X 3 Team | The Boneyard

KLS Named to USA 3 X 3 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS gets to go home for a few weeks then off to training camp for the USA 3 x 3 team.

Four USA Basketball veterans, including De’Janae Boykin (Charles H. Flowers H.S./Springdale, Md.),Napheesa Collier (Incarnate World Academy/O’Fallon, Mo.), Arike Ogunbowale (Divine Savior Holy Angels H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.) and Katie Lou Samuelson(Mater Dei H.S./Huntington Beach, Calif.), today were named to the 2014 U.S. Youth Olympic Women’s Basketball Team that will take part in the 3x3 basketball competition at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games from Aug. 16-28 in Nanjing, China. All team nominations are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee.

http://www.usab.com/womens/youtholympic/14_YOG_Team.html

Czech Republic to USA to China.
Thats one long trip.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
KLS gets to go home for a few weeks then off to training camp for the USA 3 x 3 team.

Four USA Basketball veterans, including De’Janae Boykin (Charles H. Flowers H.S./Springdale, Md.),Napheesa Collier (Incarnate World Academy/O’Fallon, Mo.), Arike Ogunbowale (Divine Savior Holy Angels H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.) and Katie Lou Samuelson(Mater Dei H.S./Huntington Beach, Calif.), today were named to the 2014 U.S. Youth Olympic Women’s Basketball Team that will take part in the 3x3 basketball competition at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games from Aug. 16-28 in Nanjing, China. All team nominations are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee.

http://www.usab.com/womens/youtholympic/14_YOG_Team.html

Czech Republic to USA to China.
Thats one long trip.

I'm scheduled to go to China the following month; dang, I'm going to miss that one.

Reaction Score
I have to say I wish Durr was on that team instead of Ogunbowale. Give her more chances to bond with her future teammates! ;)

eric, Are we sure that she is going to verbal to UCONN? Some people think she may end up at either USC or Tennessee!

HGN

Reaction Score
I have to say I wish Durr was on that team instead of Ogunbowale. Give her more chances to bond with her future teammates! ;)
Eric, I was thinking the exact same thing even before I saw your blog. Ogunbawale is good but I have a little more confidence in Durr with the ball in her hands after watching the USBU17 play Spain on Sunday. BUt if I can't have Durr I will gladly take Arike.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I also wish Durr or a more talented guard was on the team. 3 X 3 play requires players who can shoot and play a lot of one on one ball. Rebounding also helps a lot.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
……….--DeJanae Boykin:....... UConn oral commitment
……….--Napheesa Collier:.......UConn oral commitment
……….--Katie Lou Samuelson: UConn oral commitment

As for the final member of the USA 3x3 team, Arike Ogunbowale

……….--Arike Ogunbowale: this USA Basketball website, at least, lists UConn among Arike’s current interests… so this may indeed be a great opportunity for UConn to see more of Arike and Arike to see more of her USA teammates already joining the UConn sisterhood.

- Hats off to ochoopsfan for highlighting the 3x3 announcement. I too have become a big KLS fan. My impression after reading the announcement is, this thread might also have been titled “UConn Recruiting Class of 2015 Named to USA 3x3 Team!”

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I would be real happy if UConn was to land either Durr or Ogunbowale, I think both of them are going to great players at the next level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I also wish Durr or a more talented guard was on the team. 3 X 3 play requires players who can shoot and play a lot of one on one ball. Rebounding also helps a lot.

Ogunbowale is the definition of a 1-on-1 type player which is why she starred on last year's 3x3 champion. She's tough and physical and, to me, just about the perfect player for the format.

Reaction Score
Well looking at the FIBA stats the scoring difference between Durr and Ogunbowale is not that much and while Durr had more assists Ogunbowale had more rebounds.
Durr 13.4 points/2.7 rebounds/3.4 assists

Ogunbowale 10.7 points/3.7 rebounds/1.3 assists

Reaction Score
I don't think UCONN could go wrong with either Durr or Ogunbowale. Yes, Durr would be everyone's #1 choice, but Ogunbowale wouldn't be a bad second choice.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm scheduled to go to China the following month; dang, I'm going to miss that one.
I am in China right now - we both blew it with our timing!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ogunbowale is the definition of a 1-on-1 type player which is why she starred on last year's 3x3 champion. She's tough and physical and, to me, just about the perfect player for the format.
I was going to say the same thing - I didn't get to watch all of last years 3x3 but the games I saw Ogunbowale was the best USA player hitting from outside and driving hard.

Reaction Score
UCONN dominates the WBB in USA, WCBB and WNBA for a reason............UCONN has the best Coaching and the best players want to be coached by the best...........The USA National team will be dominated by 6 or 7 current or former UCONN players..........Geno knows what it takes to win and UCONN players win........

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
That tourney lasts 12 days...yikes!
I am assuming all 4 of our kids will be fluent in Chinese when they return to our shores.
I hope they clue Geno in on anybody that looks top level on the opposing teams.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
So its the first day back to Mater Dei HS, in September, and the English teacher asks the class to write an essay on what you did that summer (usually done around the 5th grade, but lets pretend its done in the 12th grade too).
Lou writes that she went to Colorado, then France, then the Czech Republic, then hung in the OC, then back to Colorado, then to China.
Does she get an "A" or does the teacher look at her and say Lou you cant make this up, its what you actually did?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
So its the first day back to Mater Dei HS, in September, and the English teacher asks the class to write an essay on what you did that summer (usually done around the 5th grade, but lets pretend its done in the 12th grade too).
Lou writes that she went to Colorado, then France, then the Czech Republic, then hung in the OC, then back to Colorado, then to China.
Does she get an "A" or does the teacher look at her and say Lou you cant make this up, its what you actually did?

I would say that depends upon how well the narrative is structured and of course the correct use of grammar. :cool:

What a great summer!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

USA won the gold last year with Ogunbowale as the only pure guard on the team. I think Arike is up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom