Kitija Laksa: will she or won't she? | The Boneyard

Kitija Laksa: will she or won't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kitija Laksa has missed the last 5 USF games due to an ankle injury and will probably be a liability for her team should she attempt to play trying to defend a relentless UConn offense at one end of the court while trying to cut hard off picks in an effort to free herself for shots against a swarming and suffocating defense at the other end....the most important part of shooting a jump shot is being able to use the legs to power the shot...pushing down hard off the floor to elevate will present a problem for her not to mention the rust from missing so much game and practice time... shooters need to shoot in order to maintain a rhythm and there is no way that standing on the court shooting solo could possibly match what would be required for her to do tonight in order to be effective....Jose knows it but is keeping his cards close to vest and won't make the call until game time....he is far too smart a coach to risk a more serious pre-NCAA's injury to a young rising star player....my guess is that he'll dance with the ones who got him to this AAC final.....UConn by 20+..........

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Commentary on yesterday's game with Temple hinted that Laska will probably not play tonight. Want her healthy for the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
Not worth it... a win is very unlucky to happen so their position in the NCAA's is pretty much set.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was at Mohegan Sun and saw her walking (that's all she was doing) with her teammates. She was walking with a limp and did not look like she was ready to play basketball. She did not participate in warmups.

I don't think she is really ready, and in any case, it makes much more sense to save her for the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
I was at Mohegan Sun and saw her walking (that's all she was doing) with her teammates. She was walking with a limp and did not look like she was ready to play basketball. She did not participate in warmups.mI don't think she is really ready, and in any case, it makes much more sense to save her for the NCAA tournament.
Thanks: good to have local spies on the ground! Though, we could certainly use the practice defending a good shooter of 3s.

Reaction Score
Commentary on yesterday's game with Temple hinted that Laska will probably not play tonight. Want her healthy for the NCAA's.
I agree...they will most likely rest yer for the NCAA...
I hope they do well in the big dance...good for the AAC.

Reaction Score
24 minutes and 1 for 7 from the field with her only made a banked-in 3 from the top of the key....had problems moving into position to set baseline picks and screens for Williams in the 1-4 set....really struggled on the defensive end getting out to defend the 3 and didn't grab a single rebound....not sure what Jose was thinking......she's a good player who simply wasn't ready to return to the court in a championship game against the best defense and offense in the country....

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
24 minutes and 1 for 7 from the field with her only made a banked-in 3 from the top of the key....had problems moving into position to set baseline picks and screens for Williams in the 1-4 set....really struggled on the defensive end getting out to defend the 3 and didn't grab a single rebound....not sure what Jose was thinking.she's a good player who simply wasn't ready to return to the court in a championship game against the best defense and offense in the country....

I'm surprised they risked her re-injuring that ankle with all the extra time she has to heal before the Tourney. She was clearly rusty so I don't get why they rushed her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm surprised they risked her re-injuring that ankle with all the extra time she has to heal before the Tourney. She was clearly rusty so I don't get why they rushed her.
Probably why Tuck came back before the SC game. A Chance for her to try it out and to shake a little rust, with ten days off before the next game.

Reaction Score
My hat's off to South Florida and Laksa. They fought hard, and Laksa came out and fought, even with an injury. Perhaps not the smartest move, but courageous nonetheless. South Florida has been a very worthy opponent, and it took a major effort by Connecticut to beat them. Hope they beat a lot of teams in the tournament.

BTW, "laksa" is the name of a noodle dish that is considered the national dish of Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom