Kinda OT: TIL that Jim Calhoun's son is the CEO of Converse | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: TIL that Jim Calhoun's son is the CEO of Converse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach shared that with me last year when I got to meet him at a dinner. He was bragging about his kids like fathers like to do. I was kind of surprised by this because of how Jim Jr's fraternity brothers used to talk about him back in the day. Nothing they said ever made me think he was going to be successful on his own. Good for him though, obviously JC's work ethic rubbed off somewhat.

With regard to his salary and bonuses I wonder if Converse's stock slips slightly if Jr ever tells people "not a dime back! " ?

Reaction Score
Converse is a division of Nike. This is an impressive job for him, Nike wouldn't give him this responsibility if he's not capable.

Coach shared that with me last year when I got to meet him at a dinner. He was bragging about his kids like fathers like to do. I was kind of surprised by this because of how Jim Jr's fraternity brothers used to talk about him back in the day. Nothing they said ever made me think he was going to be successful on his own. Good for him though, obviously JC's work ethic rubbed off somewhat.

With regard to his salary and bonuses I wonder if Converse's stock slips slightly if Jr ever tells people "not a dime back! " ?

Reaction Score
UConn should go old school and put everybody in Chuck's like Wes B and all them.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I used to rock a pair of these back in the day:

1460108025-pine1.jpg

Reaction Score
Right color too CL82, Spartan green.

Until of course we we were all lucky enough to change to the clam shell adidas out senior year! LOL

Reaction Score
I've owned a pair of red hi-top Chuck's basically my entire life. They're the perfect shoe.

Also, for my birthday last year, my girlfriend got me a sweet pair of Ninja Turtle Chuck's, because I am a large child and she's the only one who understands me.

Attachments

• FOTA312.jpg
    FOTA312.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 90
Reaction Score
Didn't we all?

Pro Keds from the factory outlet in Naugatuck. My mom could not afford store sneakers, including cons. I remember how much I wanted Adidas but could not swing the price. Hell, I used to get free school lunches. Wow, I had forgotten that we could not afford sneakers. I am spoiled now.

Reaction Score
Pro Keds from the factory outlet in Naugatuck. My mom could not afford store sneakers, including cons. I remember how much I wanted Adidas but could not swing the price. Hell, I used to get free school lunches. Wow, I had forgotten that we could not afford sneakers. I am spoiled now.
I remember that store. Also the smell.
Great deals on Keds.
My mom's friend worked there and sometime I got first's with the employee discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom