Kid from Chino | The Boneyard

Kid from Chino

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Excellent little video. And my Comcast connection was an immediate one.

Reaction Score
DT is a such special talent woman, will be remembered by UConn fans forever.

Reaction Score
Once you listen to Geno's comment about Dee taking 2 new teams to championship wins with the modifier that is the greatest achievement ever in WCBB, how can Dee not be considered the greatest WCBB player of all time? I remember believing UCONN would win every game because Geno once answered a question about why he thought UCONN would win a certain game and his response was " We have Dee and they don't"! I also believe the combination of Geno and Dee are the best combo in the history of WCBB.

Reaction Score
I take back what I said about this being "a really enjoyable clip." It's seriously one of the very best ever. Diana as I haven't seen her before. Thanks again, E.E.

My three most favorite parts:

1) When Diana reveals that her first recruiting letter ever came from Walla Walla Community College in Washington State, when she was in 8th grade. She was so excited that she was convinced that'd be where she would go to college. History would have been rewritten.

2) Diana telling about the time her sister Jessika got thrown out of summer league for turning her back to the referee and mooning him. Clearly Dee's sister.

3) On how Geno recruited her, why Diana chose UConn, and the unabashed love and respect Geno has for her:
DT: "He's the only coach who came into my house and challenged me."
GA: "I think when you're a great player, the last thing you want to hear is 'you're a great player.' They already know they are.
What they wanna hear is 'how you gonna make me better?' And that's the way I approached it with her.
If you wanna become something completely different... then you need to come to Connecticut."
GA: "What she did her junior year and senior year (at UConn), there's no one that started a whole new starting lineup from the
year before and has taken their team and won the National Championship. And she did it twice!
That's as great a feat as has ever happened in college basketball! "

3 National Championships, 3 Olympic Gold Medals, 3 WNBA Championships...The Greatest...#3

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
That was really enjoyable to watch.
Thanks for the link.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Once you listen to Geno's comment about Dee taking 2 new teams to championship wins with the modifier that is the greatest achievement ever in WCBB, how can Dee not be considered the greatest WCBB player of all time? I remember believing UCONN would win every game because Geno once answered a question about why he thought UCONN would win a certain game and his response was " We have Dee and they don't"! I also believe the combination of Geno and Dee are the best combo in the history of WCBB.

Yeah, what Bgillon said. Was going to post it, but there it was! Those 2 years were amazing. DT put the team on her aching back and achieved greatness.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Yeah, what Bgillon said. ...DT put the team on her aching back and achieved greatness.

jan03_bone_15.jpg

Reaction Score
I am sure you were just teasing, however...in the schools of ME, every child in grade 7 and above has their own laptop. Many in K-1 have their own iPads. In CT, not so much.

Cheers!

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"3 National Championships, 3 Olympic Gold Medals, 3 WNBA Championships...The Greatest...#3"

Add to that 3 (4?) Euroleague Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom